When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!
I think I was 16 years old the first time I drank any real amount of coffee. My cousin is a big coffee drinker (Hi Karen!) and anytime I stayed overnight at her place (she was older, ok she's still older than me, but then it was super cool to go hang out at her own place) we would drink an entire pot of coffee in the morning. I did not care for the actual taste of coffee, so I would use quite bit of cream and sugar (I still use cream and sugar, and although it's more than many would prefer, it's nowhere near what I used to put in). What I liked about it was the buzz I'd get. Karen and I both tend to talk at a higher than average speed...but both of us hopped up on caffeine, we sounded like chipmunks and no one else understood us, lol!! Later when I started my first job I got hooked on the Timmie's coffee. I eventually started working at Tim's, but found that drinking coffee while on shift made me ill...too much around me. But I could drink it off shift.
By the time I got pregnant with my daughter I had a 3 Extra large per day habit. I cut out caffeine altogether during my pregnancy (the withdrawal was hideous). I had a cup later in my pregnancy and she was moving so much in womb afterwards that I got sick. I didn't drink much coffee while I breastfeeding her either, it really affected her. I started drinking decaf, because I found that I missed the flavour.
Coffee does not affect my son (although too much tea does, upsets his tummy) and now I am 100% addicted to the Just Us! coffee stuff. I used to just drink coffee because while the taste was ok, I drank it more because I needed the pick me up. But, the Just Us stuff has changed that...mmmmm! I probably drink more coffee than I should...but this stuff is so freakin good I can't help myself. I'm full out restraining myself from putting on a pot right now (my husband and I have already split a pot today).
That's my coffee story :)
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Lesley, are you and family okay during the big storm??? Hoping you have power and that you've avoided the flooding. :O) I can't remember your ravelry name, but I'm samm there, and samm here in Ontario too. Hoping you are all just fine, warm and cosy and dry.
Post a Comment