The Thursday upcoming is Thanksgiving in the U.S., so let's all - American and not alike! - just share a post with what it is we're thankful for. A wonderful thing to do any time of year, I thought it'd be a nice thing to share for this week with the group!
There are the usual things, my family, specifically my children, my friends. I'm also thankful that Phil's career choice enables me to be home with my children without us needing to make too many sacrifices. We have our health, we have a lot of happiness, life is quite good.
I'm also feeling thankful for knitting. If I had not asked Alison and Robin to teach me...then maybe I would not have gotten to be such good friends with them. Maybe I would not have become really close to Charlene, or gotten to know Cate. I certainly would not have met the KOL group and formed friendships there. I definitely would not have "met" Devin and Michelle, or anyone else I've met through yarn swaps. So many good things in my life have come from my learning to knit, and I'm incredibly grateful I picked up the pointy sticks and string.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Lesley,
I'm grateful you learned to knit too. If you hadn't, we wouldn't have our weekly knitting group, and that would be sad. I dunno if I could have survived that last year and a half without you and Charlene to keep me sane every week!
Thanks! That's sweet! I often say "Lesley said ..." or "Lesley and I were talking and..." Mark always looks at me- a little confused- I say "Lesley, my knitting friend from Nova Scotia!" Maybe someday we will really "meet." Even if we don't- I enjoy your support, encouragement, and humor!
Post a Comment