So, my husband and I decided we would take advantage of our snazzy new health plan and get massages. We booked for this morning, with his at 9 and mine at 10:15.
The other day I start having some bad back pain, concentrated in one area on my lower back. As days go by it hurts more and more.
This morning I wake up and can barely move. It hurts to stand, lay down, put on my shoes, I'm still not sure how I managed to get a shower. We head out for our massages, and I'm having bad take-my-breath-away spasms. I say to my husband "I think I need to go to the hospital."
He runs into the spa (we were just pulling up when I said it) and cancels the appointments and takes me to emergency.
We wait and wait.
Finally see the doctor, who examines me and says that since my tests were fine (they checked for kidney infection) and with my limited range of movement I was definitely having muscle spasms.
Her recommended treatment?
Go for a massage.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oooo... that sucks! I hope you feel better soon.
Oh my goodness! Stuff like that actually happens??? LOL Hope your back feels better already, and that you can laugh along with me. :O) 'tis funny! samm
Wow Lesley, I don't know whether to laugh my ass off or ....well....laugh my ass off.
I hope you feel better really soon.
Charlene
Poor you. I understand the pain, only mine turned out to be a kidney infection. I hope you enjoy your much deserved massage :)
Post a Comment