As the cold of winter approaches, do you change the projects you work on? Do you work on gifts for others or do you continue working on projects for yourself? Can't wait to see all the replies. Nice meeting each and everyone of you.
I've only been knitting for 2 years, but each year I did do winter gear for my kiddies. I like making the more creative winter hats (although my older son eyes them with a clear "You are not going to make me wear one of those are you?" expression). This year I have decided I am not making a lot of Christmas gifts, so yeah, I'm still knitting quite a bit for myself.
In the comments to my post yesterday people shared their own stories of boxes-turned-to-forts. And I wanted to share mine: When my parents bought a new fridge and stove they let me have the boxes (I was maybe 8 or 9?). I used the fridge box as my livingroom area and converted the stove box into the bedroom, with it coming out of the side of the fridge box. Tea towels were swiped to make window coverings, and I had cut holes in the top for light which could be covered for "nighttime". I loved my little box apartment :)
Grace's fishy hat is almost done, I should have pics up tomorrow.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment