Thursday, November 01, 2007

TRICKS!!!

Hallowe'en in the Neily household...was...sigh. Not as good as planned.

Cam went off to his school party in the afternoon, all excited. And with the exception of a bit of trouble applying his eyeliner, prep went well.

We pick him up, ran a couple errands, got home in time to make a pizza and to put the finishing touches on our pumpkins


For safety reasons, we put glow sticks (well, bracelets this year) in our pumpkins and prop them up in the windows.

Then we spent about a half an hour looking for the pants to Grace's costume. Over the weekend I had gathered all costume pieces and had them in bag so we would not have to do this. Guess who found her costume? Yeah....then she HID IT!

Then the traditional "gather-by-the-door-in-costume" photo


Captain Jack Sparrow, The Cutest Bunny Ever, and The Most Adorable Dragon! Ready to take on the night!

And they were off!


First door we knocked on was Nana and Grampy's


Who of course gave extra treats, hugs and took more pictures. Then we drove to my Nanny's house, where the kids got more extra treats and hugs. Finally we arrived back to the neighbourhood to go trick or treating.

Unfortunately...Cam was not feeling so great. He complained his belly was sore, he felt sick...he didn't want to do door to door. He stayed by the stroller as Phil and I took turns taking Grace to each house.

Grace had a great time, poor Cam was just not into it.

We called it a night, and headed home. While getting ready for bed Cam confesses that he ate so much junk food and candy at his school party that he doesn't care if he never sees candy again. He tried to give his sister the treats he did get (we would not let him because we know our son well enough to know that he'd regret that big time the next day). I have to say I am quite annoyed with the school. Why would they just allow a free-for-all in the school? Are they not aware that 8 year olds are not great at self-regulating?? And I'm really curious as to how many other kids were sick last night from his class.

I think I have a phone call to make.

1 comment:

Black Purl said...

Cute, cute, cute! They are adorable. Can I just say that I am REALLY excited about my owl and that the fact that you made a Jayne Cobb hat will make me smile for days!