
+ One Knitting Basket

(- One Kitten)
+ One Full Cup of Coffee

= MESS!
My circular needle holder was saturated and all the ziploc bags had coffee in them. I rinsed the needles, but I'm going to use new bags. Boxes of ziploc bags cost less than the patience I'd require to clean and dry each one. My Lantern Moon project bag was covered it coffee, and since I think it's made of taffeta (probably the world's worst material to wear or wash...it does NOT breathe at all, stains and wrinkles like an SOB and when you wash it, it crinkles) it's not going to look the same after it's dry. Thankfully it did not have a project in it at the time. Grace's sock yarn got the worst fate however...

Not so much with the coffee, but the loose knot I tied in the skein of purple came undone and it got really tangled in the washing process. I tried to fix it, then decided that I'd wait until it dried so I could sit and do it carefully. Or I'll snap and cut it into tiny pieces. I have not decided yet.
Meanwhile my yarn and yarn accessories are homeless until the basket dries out

Good thing she's incredibly cute.
8 comments:
Darn good thing she's so cute!!!
:0) samm
sweet mother of yarn!
Oh no! Cute is the only thing that saves my kids, too, some days...
gracie is cute... kitten is cute... i just hope that it wasn't your first cup of coffee of the day. that could have caused me to SNAP!
Holy cripes...sympathies to you. Btw, thank you for the heads up on the Bearamedics - I didn't know that they were given as donations. Do you know where I can drop some off?
OOps..............
hope your day got better, cuteness always saves the day though doesnt it!!!
That's a very cute kitty. I hope he was safe from the hot coffee.
I wash and resue ziplocs until they fall apart. But never for knitting. No, never, ever. Knitting always gets new shiny ziplocs. Grace and kitten are just getting cuter and cuter!
Post a Comment