Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bittersweet

I got mail today! And you know how much I love getting mail :)

But today's package, while fabulous, is bittersweet because it's the Last One. Anytime I reach the end of something good, be it a good book, a fun knit, or whatever, while it's fun to be finished and know all the secrets, it's still sort of sad that it's over.

The final package in the Seven Deadly S(p)ins Club was Lust.

Included was a lip balm called Lusty Lips from Mimi's Soaps, Hershey's Kisses, pearls to accent the project given, the pattern for "Lust", which is a cowl/scarf with flower and leaf accents. The pattern, though lovely, is not likely something I would wear, but there is more than enough yarn to make something else. The main yarn is Unique Sheep's Verve in "American Beauty" colourway, and the mini skeins are Luxe in Leaf Green and Lusty Pink. I think I have a sock in mind for the red, and the pink and green would make adorable striped socks for a certain new baby girl I know. I will admit that my early experiences with Luxe were not all that positive (I did some test knits with it), but I think maybe the batch I got wasn't a true sample, because my more recent experiences have been very positive indeed. I just put a test sock in the mail for Unique Sheep made with Luxe and it was a delight to knit with.

This has been a really great club to be in. I was going to continue on with the 6 Kingdoms Yarn club, but had to drop out since my yarn budget has been decreased and there were other clubs I wanted to do instead. But I recommend it to anyone who wants to try a good club. There seems to a great deal of dramaz that plague yarn clubs, but not this one. Probably because the ladies of Unique Sheep are very much on top of their business and have fantastic customer service.

Well, I'm off to knit. I was sick all day yesterday, so sick that the thought of picking up my needles made me tired, so I need to make up for lost time. I need to get some things done before the next round of Sock Madness (could happen at any minute, just waiting for the final slots to be filled). I came in 9th on the last round

I made these with the Cupcake colourway from Yarn Pirate Booty Club, July 2008, and is superwash bfl.

I've also been making some changes to the look of the blog...I used Mom's clothesline to take a photo of all my socks for the banner, and since I'm sure you're wondering, those are just the ones I made for myself, minus one pair that are being repaired. I just did a quick tally in my head and there are 15 socks on that line, plus the missing 1 is 16, plus 6 pairs I've made for family and Bug's argyles, brings me to 23...then add Cam's socks and Grace's socks brings the grand total of socks knit to 28. That's a lot of knitting time. Wow.

Chances are there will be more changes to the look of the blog while I get it to place I'm 100% happy with it. I'll probably keep the colour scheme pink and green, since that combo makes me really happy, but there may be other changes made. I also need to update my sidebar links, since I haven't done that in ages. Bear with me :)

3 comments:

Cate said...

I love the new banner, that's a whole lotta socks! Very cool.

dontcareravelry said...

I really love the banner too. I don't seem to be finishing any knitting lately. Been kinda blah about it all. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Cali said...

I love the new banner! Wow... 28 socks. I guess that means I have a lot of work if I want to catch up. I am at 8 adult socks and 4 baby socks... and two on the needles now... And just think, it was just over a year ago that I was telling you I didn't think that socks were for me. lol. You seemed to have changed my mind.