We decided we would collaborate on a blanket. Each of us would knit 2 8x8 squares in a worsted weight, super wash wool. The squares didn't have to reflect Ann's (the mommy to be) tastes, although there was some of her beloved purple involved, more that each square should represent a bit of the knitter making it.
I started collecting squares from the group in January...which was tough, since Ann was with me when I saw them...a number of times when Ann would finally head off to the bathroom I would find a couple squares coming at me pretty quickly.
Keeping this from Ann was pretty hard, since she is typically who I chat with about projects, and if I'm knitting in a group setting, she's usually there. So as portable as my squares were, I couldn't bring them to knit night or to our "play dates", which are really just excuses to get together and knit. It's really just a total bonus that our daughters play together so well, lol.
After much trial and error with putting it together, I got it all seamed, got the border stitches picked up and knit, had it washed and blocked, all just in time for Thursday night's meet up. As it happened I had to bring a few knitters their stuff from the giant knit picks order I talked about a few posts ago, so I was able to smuggle in the gift wrapped blanket even with having brought Ann and the baby to the party.
First we presented her with cards that we each wrote, and as expected, our darlin bundle of hormones teared up. And it would seem that she was pretty pleased with the blanket itself:
She also blogged about here
If you want to see the individual squares, see them here
In knitting news, I've been knitting like a fiend but not anything I can show on the blog because they are either items that are not yet progressed to the point of being able to see what they are or test knits that I'm not supposed to show off. I'm also working on a design of my own...something I'm not even 100% sure can be knit, but I have to try since I can't stop thinking about it. I'm sure it can be knit however, after all, Debbie New knit a boat.
The younger two children have been suffering with nasty colds and fevers and all sorts of unpleasantness, meaning they've been a bit whiney and more clingy than usual. Now, the small boy has always been a little more dramatic than the other two (which is saying something...these kids are totally trying to win Oscars), especially when things don't go his way.
He doesn't throw tantrums, he has what we refer to as A Very Tragic Sad. A VTS usually involves laying facedown on the floor and covering his eyes while whimpering. There has been an increase in VTS events over the last few days, in fact nearly everything is followed by a VTS. Tonight's VTS had an interesting twist...
He had been on my lap, but not wanting to nurse or even snuggle, he wanted to stand up and watch TV and wiggle and dance. It was not comfortable, so I put him on the floor, which caused a VTS...a few moments into this one, he got very quiet....
It's exhausting to be Very Tragically Sad.
6 comments:
Awww! Poor lil' guy!
I think that a VTS may be an actual condition. I'm pretty sure that pregnancy hormones lead to them as well.
Can't ride your bike anymore? VTS.
Have to give up bacon? VTS.
Belly making it hard to cut your toenails? VTS.
Oh man. That is one cute kid. And I hear you about the VTS. Stunning blanket, eh?
I think he has the right idea. I would try laying on the floor and whimpering but they outnumber me and I'd be quickly over run :)
Poor little man. I hope everyone's feeling better soon. I think we all need spring to hurry up and get here.
Awww...look at that VTS (love the name by the way)
That. Is. So. Cute.
Post a Comment