Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Geese are aggressive...and other random stuff

Gotta make this a short one, as there is a small, overly warm time bomb in my arms. The youngest member of this household has a very yucky tummy and while he is dozing now I'm sure at any moment I'll be lunging for the bucket.

I'm driving home from a playdate at Ann's place (where Ann and Berkeley knit, I spun fibre into yarn, the big girls played and the baby girls, well...farted. lol) and was held up because of geese:

Now, if these had been ducks this account would have been all "oooh, lookit the cute ducks!" but since it's geese I think they are being bossy, aggressive monster birds. Look! LOOK how entitled they are, holding up traffic!

Some even pause in their crossing to check for food! No regard for the drivers need to get where they are going.

Frickin geese.*

Remember my super girly phone? Came with lip gloss?

I was crossing the parking lot with the small boy in my arms, bouncing him to wake him from his 2 minute car nap. I bounced too much and uber-girly-phone bounced out of my pocket...right into my path and I stepped in it and slipped.

It's not damaged, except for the scuff on the back, but I'm still annoyed with myself. I don't put it in the pocket of my sweater for this very reason, and the one time I do, I prove my point. Sigh.

Because it's March break we've been trying to fit in lots of fun stuff for the family, so we decided to road trip it out to see my cousin and her family. The normally 2 hour trip took a little over 3 because I wanted a side trip to Sunrise Mercantile to see what they had for spinning supplies. I wanted a bobbin or two for Charlotte. They didn't have any in, but I can order them...so I bought me some yummy fibre instead

The teal is corriedale and the green is merino/silk. I can't wait to spin this stuff up.

While I was there I also got to check out the Schadt Ladybug Spinning Wheel. Holy crap, they are sweet! I found the ladybug hidden on it and was even more enchanted. Just lovely.

What I really want for my wheel though is a Woolee Winder. I've heard so many good things about this product, and everything I've heard says it's totally worth the money. Time to start saving my pennies.

Alrighty, since the small boy seems to have fallen asleep enough to lay him down, I need to get back to my sock. I'm participating in Dyenamic Sock Madness knit off, and round one started last night. I'm a few inches into my first sock, but I need to get knitting if I want to stay in the game.

*I make no secret of my hatred for geese. Nasty, hissing and honking creatures. Beastly.

3 comments:

Ursula said...

I must weigh in on the geese: They look almost regal from afar, swan-like but up close they are MEAN! They must be screaming and cursing in Geese-speak. Running after you to shoo YOU off of THEIR property. Unexpected for sure and I was five.

And sorry about your phone :s

Domie's Mom said...

The Geese are awesome, and yet MEAN.
Nothing like roving to lift the spirits!!
:)
PS. LOVE your blog:)

melanie said...

On our farm we have a Canada goose boy who is my heart and joy. He follows me everywhere and waits for me in the mud hall when I go inside to take a break. His name is Candy, (because he is so sweet), but maybe his disposition is better than the white geese because he is Canadian???