Thursday, March 05, 2009

I love days like these!

When the mail carrier brings me goodies!

First up my February shipment for the Booty Club:

The base is the merino/bamboo and the colourway is called Daffodilly! How spring and sunshiney is this yarn? Brightened my day right up! And of course, it's in one of my favourite bases, so I'm extra happy :)

Then I got the Glinda the Good Witch of the North sock kit, from Woolgirl!

This kit includes: Yarn by Madelinetosh in a specially dyed Glinda colourway, in a very soft merino. It's delightful! The pattern is called "Twisted Cables" and was designed by Bethany Whitney. Other goodies include a wee Glinda stitch marker by Wee ones (OMG! go check out her stuff...wildlife, knitting barnyard animals, gnomes and sushi! It's all amazing, I don't see anything that I don't want), a drawstring project bag featuring Glinda made by Amy Thornton, cookie cutters in star and tiara shapes, a wand-shaped soap, a notebook, a pencil with "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?", candies, a bookmark reading "Only bad witches are ugly" and my very own magic wand (which Grace tried to claim, lol!). All in all, a very fun kit!

I had gotten the Wicked Witch of the West kit in the fall, and loved it so I had to sign up for this one. Jenn of Woolgirl is planning a whole series of Oz kits, and you can sign up for all of them or just select the ones you want (with benefits to those who sign up for the whole lot of course). With us wanting to buy a house sometime I've had to cut back on my yarn spending (anguished cry of the knitter here) so it's unlikely that I'll sign up for the whole series, but I do have my eye on the Ruby Slippers kit.

When my mail carrier handed over my packages (which also included some test knit stuff for Unique Sheep) I laughed and said it was all yarn. He looked me and with the smile of someone who understands said "My wife knits. It started with slippers. And now, it's all about yarn and handknits."

That about sums it up...it's all about yarn and handknits.

2 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

wow, i'm not so much a pink person, but that glinda yarn looks AWESOME!

Steph VW said...

Finally - someone I know has a magic wand! Can you please twirl it around and make my house tidy and clean?