Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happeez

Things that make me happy...

Receiving fibrey goodness in the mail!

Fibre/handspun swap by the Rubberneckers, we paired up as spinners and yarn collectors, with spinners getting 8oz of fibrey goodness from the yarn collector, while the spinner sends 8oz of handspun lovely to a yarn collector. Other treats are optional. I got 8oz of BFL in "Before the Sunset" colourway from Crown Mountain Farms...soooo pretty

Falling in love with spinning again while working on my yarn that I need to send!

This is the white single. The colourful single has already been done...then I'll ply them together. And then cry a little when I mail it off, cause it will be so lovely.

Bonus Happy: Spinning has "clicked" again, but this time I'm prepared...I have lots of fibre ready to spin next. Last time it clicked I spun everything I had...then there was no more to continue the practice.

Getting a new 'do!

Got an all over mocha brown colour, then laid highlights in a deep purpley red over it. The red's not really being picked up by the camera, but it's there and I like it! I think maybe this summer I'll finally be brave enough to do some bold blue chunks....maybe

Getting yarns in the mail!

Bought this in the early feburary shop update of Yarn Pirate. Both are superwash merino, the top one is called "Sweet Nothing", the bottom one is called "Baladi", and the colours are delightfully intense! The rock is Grace's artistic addition to the photo

Not happy about this though

More white crap from the sky. Please please let Spring come soon!

6 comments:

Ann said...

Ooh pretty pirate booty!!!!

And Grace rocks. Sorry, couldn't resist!

And my word verification? "unman"

Cate said...

I love the new hair! Very nice. Sorry I missed you yesterday. I'm certain our paths will cross again at some point.

Steph VW said...

heh heh - Is Ann complimenting your new yarn, or your new look? Pretty Pirate Booty.

I'm just glad that March snow is often followed by March rain. There's hardly any of that white crap around this morning.

Miss Me said...

many pretty things! love that fibre...

the white stuff is pretty in its own way - but only when you don't have to go out in it... however, i was in the "deep south" (nova scotia) a couple of weeks ago to drop off kids for march break and you didn't really have much of it just lying around like we do.

jkleclerc said...

I love the colours in the Yarn Pirate stuff, and that rock really adds to the photo.

dontcareravelry said...

The sun is shining all over my yard today. I guess it means you'll have to come over here and pretend it's spring.

Nice booty! The hair is pretty good too ;)