Last post was a shout out to CrazyCatLadyMel's etsy store, and I have two more shout-outs to do today!
Starting with AndreaJene. I found her store through a fellow raveller's blog, EvilScienceChick (she's having a contest showcasing this etsy, look for it under the post called "CONTEST!!OMG!!"). I looked around the etsy and ordered pattern keepers and stitch markers...and get this! I order them on March 15th and they arrived on Wednesday. For something coming from the states that is almost unheard of.
And look how prettily packaged they were!

The pattern keeper are really nice
(for those of you who don't know, these are magnetic and wrap around your pattern so you can keep your place. Especially useful when using charts)
I totally forgot to take close ups of the stitch markers, but here is the set I bought
Thanks Andrea!
Today my new roving came in from Woolen Mill St Yarns

The colourway on the right is called "Sushi" (6oz of corriedale) and the one on left is, um...Twilight (4oz of corriedale). I totally didn't buy Twilight because I'm a fan or anything, I just really liked the red/black/white combo. Just cause I read the series and may or may not have bought the movie and watched it 3 times (I will admit nothing for certain) doesn't make me a fan. I openly mock Bella, and real vampires don't sparkle...it's all snark I swear.
Finally the best new arrival of this week...
In the wee hours of Tuesday morning my best friend Jamie gave birth to her third child. This one was in a mean hurry to get out, making for an exciting trip by ambulance and a mere 3 minutes of pushing (which were done moments after the arrival to hospital). Jamie has 2 wonderful boys (aged 8 and nearly 4)...and now she has a beautiful girl

Welcome to the world Scarlett!
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Scarlett!
Aw, new babies... and new swag. A goodness-filled post.
Post a Comment