
Pattern: Monster Bear, by Wendy Gross. Found in 101 Designer One Skein Wonders.
Yarn: Paton's Soy Wool Stripes "Natural Geranium"
Thoughts: Love the pattern, it was super easy to knit up and took maybe a third of that ball of yarn. Felted funny though, not all that evenly.
But I gotta say...those ears are too much. They crack me right up.
On to other Big Kid in my life...
My beloved husband is a hockey fan. Specifically a Habs fan. As some of you may know, there has been quite a bit of hockey buzz in Halifax...something about some sort of international competition. Anyhow, Phil heard that sometimes the teams will hold court outside the Metro Centre and will sign autographs, take pictures, etc when their game ends.
Guess where my husband was at 11:00pm?
Meeting

Saku Koivu, Captain of the Montreal Canadiens, in town because he's playing for Finland*
Phil brought his jersey, which happens to be...

sporting Koivu's name and number
And now...

I'm not allowed to wash it ever again.
*Phil came home sort of dazed, I actually wondered if something happened at first. Then he showed me the pics and the jersey. It also accounts for his non-expression in the photograph of him and Koivu...he was completely star-struck.
9 comments:
So now does he understand what you felt when you met the Yarn Harlot?
Mr. No Sheep is now looking quite green.
I will have to show these pics to Dave. He will be crazy with envy!
Can I come over and drool on it???
SOOOO JEALOUS!
Saku's in the maritimes now?? You're in the maritimes, right?
My husband knows that Saku is my boyfriend. :)
He looks so out of it. Its funny!
Hey! I have that book! I must go look at the bear pattern. How did I ever miss it!? What a dear little bear it makes. I laughed at Alison's comment regarding our reverence for the YH. Phil's YH is Koivu! Now I get it! :)
this is why we love men, isn't it? they just never grow up! great photos. lucky phil.
Hi Lesley! I found your post from ravelry, and wanted to give you a tip about the monster bear. He probably felted unevenly because SWS is a bit of a thicker yarn than malabrigo. If you knit one again sometime in the future with that yarn, try going up a needle size. I've felted with SWS before (though not a little monster) and it was super dense when it was finished, so it needs lots of room to shrink.
I'm glad you like the pattern! Your bear turned out really cute :) The goofy silly face is what they're all about, and why I love making them.
Post a Comment