Yesterday Berkeley and I did some poster placement and begging for prizes for WWKIP day, and our first stop was Tangled Skeins. Our decision to stop there first may have had something to do with the BIG SALE, and we may have been early and we may have been pressed against the window until our lovely lady of the yarn shop let us in.
I think I did very well. I was tempted to buy yarn for kid projects, but then decided ya know what? I deserve to knit more for myself than just socks. Don't get me wrong, I love my socks. But I should have a top. Or a sweater. Or both.
So I bought this
Cascade 220 Heather, in a yummy red. Bought enough (at 25% off!) to make a wrap-style cardigan from Big Girl Knits, called "Lift and Separate" (hehe).
And I bought some Cotton Fleece in "Blue Paradise" (at 50% off!)

to make the Cherry Bomb tank top from Big Girl Knits.
(Note, not all the Cotton Fleece is 50% off, just some of the dye lots are, ones she only has a few left of. The rest of the Cotton Fleece is 25% off, which is still a really great deal!)
Then today my Yarn Pirate Booty Club May selection arrived!

Merino and tencel blend, soooo soft and the colour, called Patina, is gorgeous! On the booty club Ravelry group a couple people have said that this one is too pretty to be hidden in socks, I'm inclined to agree...this might need to be a scarf. I am so happy I signed up for this!
I have been doing some knitting too.
Grace's Unmentionables are almost done, just a bit of lace trim to go and a decision has to be made on the drawstring

I actually broke down and bought a little spool knitting machine (at WalMart, for about $15.00, and it's pink because it's aimed at little girls). But I also like the idea of using ribbon. I might buy ribbon and then make an i-cord if that craps out.
And Berkeley started her jaywalkers with Felici in Provence which inspired me to pick up the Felici I bought ages ago to make jaywalkers too

The colourway here is called "Arugula"...I've been calling them my "Salad Socks".
Well, I need to move away from this computer. The baby is asleep and Phil took Grace to the park, where they will meet Cam when he gets off school...so I'm looking at about an hour of quiet alone time. I think me and my coffee are going to move to the couch and knit.
5 comments:
I like the salad socks!
The Unmentionables are so cute!
Salad socks are pretty, and healthy too!
great knitting
im loving the salad socks...
Wow. That yarn is making a wonderful jaywalker! I really like the way the stripes are forming.
And if you liked the Big Girls Knits book, I can recommend the newest release (More Big Girl Knits) as well. The info section isn't as packed as in the first book (in my opinion), but the sweaters are very nice and they have some cute socks.
I love the way the arugula is striping! Awesome.. man.. too much to knit, too little time in my book!
Post a Comment