Like most of my catch-up posts, this one's long, but has adorable photographs. Grab a cup of your favourite beverage and settle in.
Let's start with Friday, shall we?
The mail came! Yeah yeah, the mail comes all the time you say. But this time the mail came with lots of goodies, so that's why I'm bringing it up.
First, some things I had ordered over on CafePress arrived

My "Sock Wars" and "MCY" buttons are now fastened to my knitting bag. The MCY button refers to the Mystical Creations Yarn saga that's being discussed on Ravelry. The pin says "I can't believe I read the whole thing" (at last count the thread was at 11,837 posts...but we're having lots of fun!). Funds raised from these buttons and the zombie merchandise are being given to Gilda's Club, a support network for people living with cancer. Um...ok...if you have not read the thread or know the story, the woman behind MCY had business trouble, so faked leukemia and her death. And then was seen at Wal-Mart. So...she's a zombie. Get it? Oh there is so much more to this story, but I just do not have time right now. Go to Ravelry, look up MCY on the forums and you can get caught up.
My other CafePress item was this for my ride

I'm so loving this, it's much better than the old Nascar bumper sticker we had. I have noting against Nascar, but I'm not into it, and frankly I didn't want my car to make people think I was.
Speaking of bumper stickers, I saw at Chapters a book of 96 bumper stickers called "Watch out for the idiot behind me". My favs in there are "Easily Distracted by Shiny Things" and "Jesus is Coming...Look Busy" (snicker)
My sock wars button came at an opportune time...because the mail carrier also delivered my death. Initially when I tried these on I was really suprised by how loose they were, because the ones I sent off were at gauge and fit nicely. Then I realized that the toe and heel were not as written. Then I noticed that I could do this with the toe:

So, along with the gauge being off, they are also way too long. They fit my husband actually. I e-mailed pics of them to the Supreme Commander thinking that it must be a misfire and whoo hoo I might still be in this game!
While waiting to here back I peeked in the message boards. A few others got socks that were not knit the way they should have been and these knitters were getting slammed for daring to complain. That was the final straw for me...after watching people lose it over the e-mail issues (the dossiers were late, SC had e-mail issues, but the pattern and target lists were posted, there was no reason not to start knitting, it was nonsense), and seeing other rather nasty discussion happening...I e-mailed the Supreme Commander again and told her nevermind, I'll pass them on to someone else and be done with this game (I assured her it was nothing to do with her, just that there was only so much snark a person could take). She has decided that she will not have anyone leave the competition without socks they can actually wear, so a Valkryie will be knitting socks for me. Which was lovely of her.
Well...I have a small boy with a bit of a fever who is covered in pizza sauce and falling asleep in his high chair. I'm going to leave this post for now and post about Saturday later on. Just a tidbit to make sure you come back: It has sheep.
1 comment:
nice swag.
too bad about the socks.
Post a Comment