Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy Birthday!

It's 12:50pm as I type this. This time four years ago we were just being moved from the Labour and Delivery Room to our room at the hospital. I remember carrying her in my arms as I was wheeled through the hospital, clinging to her all rolled up in a burrito of blankets, terrified to adjust my arms for fear that she'd roll onto the floor.

That night she slept between me and her daddy on the small cot, since it felt wrong to have her so far away in the bassinet when she'd been so very close to me for the last 9 months.

I remember the long nights when she was under the phototherapy lights watching her doze, waiting for her to wake so I could nurse and snuggle her again.


Grace, 3 months

Watching her grow from that tiny baby into this intelligent, articulate, emotional and sheer delightful little girl has been amazing. There were times when I have desperately wanted it to stop, to keep her small forever, but I am loving watching her become this wonderful person.

Happy Birthday Grace!

5 comments:

Marti said...

So sweet. Happy Birthday :)

Steph VW said...

Happy Birthday, Tinkerbell. Oh, goodness, I mean Grace. I got confused there for a minute.

Cate said...

We hope you had a wonderful birthday Grace, from the Little Man, his sister, and I.

Miss Me said...

what a princess! i hope she had a great birthday.

Ursula said...

happy birthday Grace!