I went too.
I was very well behaved (of course, a modest budget tends to keep one in check even when there are 50% off signs) and only bought 2 yarns.

(ok, so yeah, there are 3 skeins there. But 2 of them are the same yarn, so it counts as one purchase)
On right is a ball of Fiddlesticks wool/silk in "Blueberry", which is going to become something beaded. I am eager to try the crochet hook beading technique in this article. I have a few ideas for what to make. Whatever it will be in the end, it will be pretty.
The other yarn is Artyarns Supermerino, and it's already been cast on as Branching Out

This one is for me.
Over at her blog, The Ninja Knitter held this amazing advent contest, where she gave away yarn every single day. The deal was, you got your prize but you had to pay it forward by doing something charitable yourself. I won this:

(I gave to various charities through december...although now that I won I feel compelled to stroll up and down spring garden road and give coffee to panhandlers)
This is Knit Picks Memories in the Red Hat colourway. I mentioned in my Christmas post that my Nan is a Red Hatter, and she is going to love her socks! Thanks Deb!
I've cast on Tussie Mussie for my mom

The bobbles are not as hard as I thought they would be. But trying to keep track of where I am in the nosegay pattern...and trying to remember where I am for the waist shaping...this project is going to require lots of stickynotes!
I've finished one of the sample socks for Unique Sheep

I cannot wait to get my reward for making this...this yarn is just gorgeous to knit with!
While taking these pics I realized that I had not blogged about the project bags I made:

They have clips on them so you can attach to your belt loops or other bags, backs of chairs, or whatever. I used the small one attached to my purse while Christmas shopping...I knit socks while in line. Very handy. (Devon, yours will be similar, only blue). They were so simple to make too. I bought quilting squares at Fabricville, the elastic and toggles at Wal-Mart and I found the clips at the dollar store. Easy peasy. Of course...I've only managed to make these two and I made one for the angel package I did up for someone whose partner disappeared in Secret Pal 11. My children only co-operate for short bursts of sewing. When I have a house I'll be able to sew after bedtime, but for now I'd rather not have the neighbours complain about the noise.
And for last, I give you these snapshots of my little George meeting Henry

We had a holiday meeting of the knitters since some Out-Of-Towners were here. There was a shopfest at TS, and then we met up at the Monk. After Steph's comment my last post I thought I'd give Henry a chance to show off what a cool guy he can be.
They got along great

Well, I'm off to pull out my Mystic Waters Shawl, which has been hibernating since I started Christmas knitting. All 8 clues are out, and I only managed to get to the end of clue #2. Hopefully I'll get it done before I stumble across anyone else's finished one, since I still want to be suprised by what it looks like.
6 comments:
I like the new look! Very nice sale purchases too. I had a hard time restraining myself, there was sooooo much nice stuff!
Oh, and the bags, very cool!
Your Unique Sheep sock is gorgeous! What's the colorway? I went to the site but I seem to have trouble matching colorways. (What's wrong with me?)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your engagement story - so cute! You'll always have a great story to share :)
Oh how I wish I could have been as good as you at the sale at my LYS, but alas there was major stash enhancement. Makings for a purse and Malabrigo for a sweater and oh a little sock yarn too.
I absolutely LOVE George!!
I'm so glad that Henry and George got along. Henry is still talking about George and how cool he is and how well they got along and how they both like the same music and the same food and, and, and. Five minutes together and Henry's making mix tapes. Yeesh.
Mmmmm...nice yarn.
Don't worry about disturbing your neighbours with your sewing. I've been sewing in apartments at strange hours for years and never had any complaints.
Charlene
It was awesome meeting you yesterday! My stash enhancement? Not nearly as restrained as yours.
Post a Comment