Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oooh, I'll knit that...and that...OH! And THAT!

Winter Knitty is "live" as they say (although personally I believe there is a glaring omission of a terribly clever knitted gift, not designed by me but by a very talented friend) and oh there are so many things I want to knit up!

For example, this would look yummy in that alpaca I've got hanging around...

Grace clearly needs one of these and one of these, while Gabriel would enjoy this and wouldn't Cam look smart in this?

Meanwhile I know someone who would make good use out of one of those, and I think Precious needs one of these.

And Ms Barnhill? You need to knock it off. Because now I have to make these, and probably with my birthday sock yarn. Stop being so freakin clever, because other designers deserve a shot at my sock yarn too.

I was thisclose last night to being done another Christmas present and then I realized I'd screwed up a bit and I think I'm going to have to rip all the way back to the start to fix it. Good thing it's a small project!

In swappy news, I'm about to send off my last secret pal project, just need to pick up one last part before posting it, then I get to reveal who I am. And I'm about ready to send off for the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap, and I'm sending it sooner so that she'll be able to enjoy the Christmas related items I tucked in there. And I just looked over the Cocoa swap and the comments have exploded for the contest! I'm so excited! It should be a great swap, so if you have not already get over there and join the contest!

I've seen a lot of contests and celebrations for milestones hit with other people's blogs, and I thought, that looks like fun I should do that. I thought I'd do something for my 200th post...then looked it up and realized I hit 200 about 5 or 6 posts ago! So I decided I'd see how my posting went and I would either do something for my 2 year blogaversary (in May) or my 300th post (which, looking at my post record, won't take long to get to!). Maybe both, who knows! Stay tuned!

One more thing before you go...I'm knitting up a pair of sample socks for Unique Sheep, and wow! I love it! The colour is gorgeous and the yarn delightfully smooshy (I'm knitting up some Footprints yarn). She's also got a Doctors Without Borders colourway, and she's donating 50% of the yarn sale to that organization if you order it, which is quite a big donation! I highly recommend her shop, and I think I'll be doing some stash enhancement with her in the new year!

Ok, I've procrastinated enough, back to the books for me! Final assignment due tomorrow, then all done for this year, whoot!

No comments: