First, I need to apologize to Michelle. She tagged me in a "Gross Meme", and I was supposed to list 8 gross things about me. Sorry, hon, I just can't do it. I can't list the less pleasant things about myself. Because some of them are doozies. The only thing I feel comfortable posting is that "back in the day" I used to hit the Palace (a bar) (oh wait, can hitting the Palace count as one all by itself?) for the dollar drinks, drink myself stupid....and usually I'd be out on the dancefloor when it would all hit me. Then I'd be taking off for the nearest ladies to puke. Afterwards, I'd pop a piece of gum, re-apply my lipstick, and then stop by the bar before getting back up on that dancefloor. Ugh...my poor poor liver. (Sorry Mom)
Next up, for this week's WWCS weekly topic we were supposed to engage in "Coffee Talk". So I'm hoping I am doing this right...but I saw over at Suzanne's blog that she has wonderful taste in sock yarn! Eek, yarn envy!
I finished a Christmas gift, but I can't blog that since it's recipient reads here. And the next gift is also unbloggable because that one reads it too. Thank goodness for Ravelry, I'd have no where to show these off otherwise! I will try to remember this year to do a post after Christmas with the gifts, but I will likely forget as I did last year.
I can however, show off my latest stash enhancements!
First, my experiment with Kool-Aid dyeing. I bought 2 packs of cherry and 2 packs of blue in order to make a skein of sock yarn that was red on one end, blue on the other and purple in the middle where they bled together. I also thought it would look neat to have white bits, so I put elastics on the yarn, sort of a tie-dye kind of idea.
I open up my kool-aid, only to discover that tropical punch is red kool-aid masquerading in a blue packet. No worries, I would do a gradated dyeing experiment.
So off I went:

But I was not really pleased with the results

So I overdyed with 2 packs of Strawberry Kiwi and on Cherry and got this:

Which I like a lot. Oh, the yarn is Knitpicks bare, superwash.
And I mentioned in my last post that my loving husband let me get some reward yarn at Have a Yarn for passing my road test:
Fleece Artist merino

And some Fleece Artist Merino Silver

Mmmm....
(I just did a quick tally in my head...I have a lot of sock yarn. A lot. No, I'm not telling you how much, just more than I probably need but less than some others I know.) (No, I'm not giving away any or selling any. It's all mine, back off!)(And yes, I still want more for Christmas)
This post went on longer than I meant it to. You all have a great day!
7 comments:
SNOL...You and my college sweetheart would have been quite the pair. He would INTENTIONALLY make himself get sick so he could "purge his system" and keep drinking.
I popped over here for a couple of reasons... Because I'm trying to be patient while awaiting sign-ups for your swap, and because the coffee swap gals want us to make coffee talk. So, coffee talk!!
Would you rather have coffee or hot chocolate? Me, I'll take the tea nearly every time, but this time of year, there's something about a cup of hot chocolate with peppermint, much like Monica's "red" button she made for the swap.
Yes!! Loose tea is best, but I do use some "premium" bags at work. I love white and green teas with blueberries. My husband is the big cocoa drinker in our family. (I need to figure out how to change my Blogger account; you can find me at http://chanknits.wordpress.com now!)
love the dye job. It looks yummy!
That fleece artist is gorgeous! I am really into browns with bright colors right now- Oh- finished my Branching Out scarf this weekend- I promise to take pictures to send you tonight!
Oh my goodness you picked up some great yarn! Each one better than the previous. I love the colorways! Nice work on fixing the gradated skein - the mottled red looks great!
Thanks for stopping by the Blog!! I've really got to stop the stash enhancement, but it helps that I'm single, so there is no one to complain about what I spend on yarn. :)
I think a yarn diet is in order after the first of the year (except for club yarn of course)
Great dye job. Oh, and I saw the post with the kids. They are cute. I will get your prize in the mail in the next couple of days. Just have to find a day to go in late so I can go by the post office.
Post a Comment