Monday, October 29, 2007

What a weekend!

Hey all!

We had a lovely time this past weekend, Phil's employers are big on get-togethers and functions to boost morale, and Saturday was the Family Fun Day. There was a number of different things to do, and with each one you did you entered your name into a draw. We each walked away with a little prize.

The highlights for us were:
The bouncy castle:



and the sack race:



Meanwhile, over in the land of Knitting...

I finished a beaded Odessa Hat for a friend of mine

I love it, it's in Cashmerino (yum) and I have to knit one for me.

A Jayne Cobb hat for Mr No Sheep's birthday

This is me, not getting it. It's a pretty goofy hat. But I'm happy that he's happy, and that Mrs No Sheep is happy too.

And Coupling Socks for me

This pattern was so much fun, and I only want to knit with Sea Wool from now on.

As I mentioned in my last post, I recieved my FFBE package.

I sent mine to Penny, who recieved hers yesterday. Penny sent to Nichola...who sent to me! I love that we had this whole circular giving thing happening. It's just a nice connection :)

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ! I walked by all of that on my way to the ferry on Saturday... and as I did, I thought, "I wonder if Lesley is there?"

But I was racing to catch the 1pm ferry...

Cate said...

Mr. No Sheep is madly in love with his hat! Thank-you again for making it! I had no idea you were making a pair of coupling socks... and here I thought I knew everything that was on your needles :). They're very nice, almost makes me wish I could wear wool :).

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

Beautiful hats... can you tell me... how do you knit the beads on for Odessa... I want to try that so badly!

PS.. thank you for your loving comments yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee I love the Jane hat, Simon wants me to make him one, not sure if he will wear it or not, but I like to knit hats, so why not. The odessa hat and the coupling socks are AMAZING. I need to knit me those socks.