Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FFBE Question

I have a "real" post in the works, I just need take a few pics and so on. In the meantime...

What was your favorite Halloween costume ever - for you? for your kids, if you have them? Why did you enjoy it so much? Do you still dress up now? Chat a bit about your traditions for dressing up on All Hallow's Eve!

As a kid my mom used to make all of my costumes, and while there were times when I sort of envied the other kids who got store bought costumes...I think I knew even then that mine were way cooler. Plus looking back it's very cool to know that my mom put all that work into my costumes, especially since now I do crafts and can appreciate exactly how much work goes into it! This year my son is wearing a Pirate costume, and I made the coat entirely on my own. It's far from perfect (collar looks like a blind man sewed it, lol) but he loves it, loves that I made it for him. Eventually I'll get better and the 'ol sewing machine will be out for all my kid's costumes.

No comments: