Thursday, October 25, 2007

Oh, HI Mr Postman!!

Honestly between swaps and stuff I order online, I'm getting packages delivered left right and centre. Thankfully it's nothing too heavy...yet :)

Today brought me my FFBE package and (finally!) the addi turbos I ordered off of ebay. There was a delay with the needles because of a postal strike in the UK backing everything up.

I think I'm set for sock needles for now

(Four 2.5mm in two different lengths, two 2mm and two 3mm)

I still would not say no to some knitpicks though...

And here is my FFBE package, all the way from the UK from pal Nicola!

She made the bag from Manos del Uraguay, and she overdyed it with blue to make the gorgeous deep purple...


And the goodies...oohh the goodies inside!!!


Two skeins of Jaeger Matchmaker in blues, and two skeins of Rowan Tapestry (wool and soybean protein fibre!) in a yummy yummy purple!

But wait! There's more!


Here's a funny line from her letter: "I tried hard to find British things to send.....but I'm afraid the buttons are from South Africa..." No need to be afraid! Do you realize how unbelieveably cool I find it to be that I have buttons from South Africa??? And they are gorgeous! I'm going to have to come up with a project JUST SO I can show them off!
Also there is some yummy smelling bath salts (from New Zealand!), some lavendar shampoo, Avon Sleeptherapy aromatherapy room and linen spray, a butterfly window sticker to decorate my fishtank with, butterfly stickers for my munchkins and two chocolate bars. Mmmmm...

Not shown is the letter and the pattern for a bag called "Fiona Drawstring Bag."

Thank you thank you thank you! I love it all!!!!

And now I can answer this question:

How was your experience in the exchange? Did you enjoy the folks you met? Did you just love the bag you received? Please share any thoughts, criticism, and things you loved!

I have had a great time with this exchange! I loved getting to know my downstream partner and getting her package ready, and I look forward to getting to know my upstream partner better. I love the bag I received! I'm planning to use it tonight actually :) It really feels like she took a lot of care in choosing what she sent to me, and really listened to the things I like. Thanks again!

And there is a really weird connection that was made in the FFBE...but I cannot post it until...uh...something else happens. LOL!

No comments: