First up:
I finished my bag for the FFBE. I had had every intention of showing it to you since it's an anonymous swap and so my partner would not know it was hers until it arrived, right? Well, yesterday I made an oops and posted a comment on her blog and forgot to click "anonymous". Whoops. I deleted it, but since she probably gets e-mail updates the moment a comment arrives, so she may have already seen my error. So I'll wait until next week, after it arrives, to post about it.
Next: Bitty socks


I have decided that small socks are oodles of fun to make. They don't have the endless miles of foot. And Grace is just tickled that I made her some socks. This is the Celestial merino I got in the KOL Swap, and there is plenty to make more socks for Grace. I'm going to do another pair that is opposite colours to this one, and maybe a pair of striped. That way she can mix and match them. The other thing I am going to do is use puffy fabric paint to put grips on the bottoms, since we have hardwood floors and she's already had a major wipeout wearing them.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Magic Loop method? I did not realize how much time I was wasting going from dpn to dpn. I am knitting so much faster this way! And I love my knitpicks circular, thank you again Michelle. My ebay addis should be arriving this week, and I am planning to try to do Grace's second pair of socks 2 at a time.
On my magic loop right now is Coupling, in sea wool :) I had started Rainbow Socks with the jellybean yarn, but it's not a pattern you can use the magic loop method with, so I put it down. I may cast it on today.
I got out the sewing machine this week, and I made my bag for the HSKS3, but I can't show you that either because I don't want my recipient peeking ;). I did however, make a few things for myself...

Showing my Nova Scotia pride:)
And open:

I discovered a couple things while making these: 1) My seam ripper is missing 2) I don't have as many dpns as I thought (or they are lost. And I have my sock dpns in a different container, so I was not counting those) and 3) I have 3 sets of 6mm circulars in 16" length. 2 bamboo, 1 aluminum. I cannot for the life of me figure out why.
I still need to figure out a way to close the circular holder. I'm thinking magnetic clasp might be the way to go.
I also ventured into the world of beaded stitch markers, but I just realized I can't show you those since they are all for swap recipients. They are really pretty though. Not as neat and tidy as Steph's mind you, but they work :)
Finally, my good news! We bought a mini van! We are the new owners of a 2001 Pontiac Montana. It's in awesome shape, and it has a DVD/VCR in it too! And my really cool WIP?

I'm finally getting my license. And since I had my original learner's before all the new rules came into play in NS (like...the DAY before they came in) I get to bypass the graduated license. And because it's considered a renewal of my learner's I don't have to wait the 3 months to take my roadtest. I could take it anytime. I was out driving with my aunt the other day and even though it's been 10 years since I was behind the wheel of a vehicle, it really was like I had never been away. I remembered how much I love driving and I am totally kicking my own arse for not doing this sooner. I'm going to go out a few times with Phil so he can make sure I'm doing the right things (not the bad habits I'm sure I've picked up, lol) then I should be able to do my roadtest really soon. Squeee!
Well, I'm off to put the final touches on my swap packages so I can head out to the post office. Before I do that though, I'm going to pour another cup of coffee. I had my aunt and uncle pick me up a bag of Mocha Java from Just Us's factory store on their way in to visit us (can't get Mocha Java in the city, and since I tend to be difficult, it's my favourite). By mistake they grabbed a bag of whole beans, so we went out and got us a coffee grinder. Best mistake EVER! This coffee is so freaking good. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
10 comments:
Hey Lesley, that's great! No wonder you're in a yeehaw mood! Hey, if you get your license soon, you can come out and see my house before I move out of it!
Congrats on the car!!! I posted quidditch- by the way! I think I am going to bye some new sock yarn for Mark's socks ( on my addi's) because I have learned the reason that knit picks sock yarn is cheap- it is taking me forever- because the stitches are just so darn small!
Wooooohoooooo! Minivan, that has lots of room for yarn, or thrift store finds, or extra passengers, or more kids when you have more.
Congratulations!
Charlene
Hey, wait a minute, your liscence photo isn't ugly! How did you manage that, is it really a fake?
Charlene
You think so Charlene? Because I hate it and I am totally going to pay the extra $$ to have a new one taken. I'm shiny and goofy looking. I'm so breaking out the make up case for my next "shoot"
I'm probably a bit spoiled because I've always taken really good ID photos (hear that? the sound of me tooting my own horn?), but for some reason my NS ID and my learners turned out bad. My NS ID is truly horrible and I pray people don't ask for it.
I wish I still had my old ID card. That was a fantastic picture of me. Sigh.
congrats on the newly purchased mobility, but those little socks are just ADORABLE!
Don't forget to look for the snitch to help out the Gryffindor house. We rock.
Congrats on the car & the lisence!
congrats on the car and the license too!!!! will make your life a bit easier and add to the adventures!
I have been toying with the idea of adding something to the bottom of my socks too - we have wood floors as well.
Since they are my first ever completed socks I'm a little reluctant to do anything that would mar them (understanding that they are just socks).
Anyoo, if you do end up adding the puffy paint please let me know how it works for you.
Congrats on the mini van too!
Post a Comment