Tuesday, September 12, 2006

TA-DAAAA!

*happy dances across the room*
I finished The Purse!
I decided the other night that since my self-imposed deadline of Janet's b-day was approaching and if I had a chance of sending it with her gift I had to get the thing finished. And so, I worked on the rest, finished the strap then started the very daunting task of tidy-ing up the ends. It was really tempting to throw caution to the wind and not weave in and hope the thing held together...but frankly, I had put too much work into it to do that. Plus...I'm pretty anal and couldn't leave it that way.
This is the bag pre-felting:

It took hours to get the ends all taken care of. Hours!!
Finally, the fun part: I got to toss it in the washer, check it neurotically, and suddenly, it was finished!

I feel such a sense of Knitterly Accomplishment. The size is good, the image held up under shrinkage. Overall I am pleased with my work. Janet...please never tell me if you hate it. I don't think my ego could handle the blow.
I missed KOL tonight, I just was not feeling up to going. I haven't been sleeping well and my body is all out of whack. Leading to an impending sense of doom and an overall feeling of crappiness (knitting triumphs aside, although that did help). My ever-loving husband sensed a sad vibe from me, and came home bearing chocolate and these:

He's such a great guy. It's easy to forget that when I'm pissed about the recycling piled everywhere in the kitchen...but he really is a wonderful man. I'm quite lucky :)

4 comments:

Alison said...

Hooray!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady - nice bag.

jlmack said...

That purse is hella cute

Anonymous said...

The felting turned out perfectly - great job!