Saturday, September 02, 2006

More of our little houseguest...

Yesterday morning we rushed out of the house early to get to an appointment with Grace's pediatrician...and totally left Henry asleep in Cam's room. Whoops. I realized my error about 15 min after we left the house, too late to go back. I sent up a quick prayer that Henry and Rose would behave themselves.
I returned to find them watching tv, and the kitchen in an absolute mess! Henry took it upon himself to make an elaborate breakfast for the two of them. Ah well, at least he hadn't set the place on fire.
This afternoon I was rather rudely awakened from a nap by this:

I think he had visions of himself battling pirates out on the big blue, or maybe a sunset cruise with Rose...or both. I felt bad explaining to him that although it was indeed a fine ship, it would not sail as it was made out of blocks. Henry had a really hard time accepting this. He begged me to let him try it out in the bathtub, but I refused on the basis that I knew it would sink or tip and I was not going to have another argument with Cameron as to why I let Henry put his ship in the tub but wouldn't let him. Sigh.
My mother-in-law is in town, and staying with us. Tonight we went over to my sister in law's to have a belated birthday celebration for my mil. I set out dinner for Henry and Rose, figured since they behaved themselves the other day I'd let them have the place to themselves. But when I got to my sil's...

He's getting good at stowing away. He said he didn't want to miss the party (I think he had a vision of something a bit more wild). I was so shocked to see Rose out of the apartment! She's never left of her own accord...I asked her privately if Henry had forced her along, she replied that no, she came on her own, and that Henry had inspired her to broaden her horizons. Imagine that!
Henry decided to go for a spin on the remote control truck...ever the wild child!

Although, with Cameron driving I think he quickly regretted the impluse!
Then we served up the meal

Henry seems to be quite a good influence on Rose, she is totally coming out of her shell. She used to hide away most of the day, and never spoke to people she was unfamiliar with, but here she was chatting away with everyone.
Then Henry fed Rose the Caramel Apple Cheesecake

It was cute...in a kind of nauseating way.
While my mil is here, Henry is back out on the couch, and Rose is still in our bedroom. Phil thinks he may have heard the pitter-patter of knitted feet scurrying through the hallway in the early hours, but he admits it may have also been the cat. I hope they aren't up to anything...I'll have to remind them of the house rules before bed this evening...
I have to say I am really enjoying Henry's visit. He's providing super distraction for me since I haven't been able to knit a stitch since Tuesday night. I ran out of my special handcream and my eczema is really acting up. I should have more by this coming Tuesday, but in the meantime it's fun to have something to blog about while I avoid my WIP's.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Pitter patter of little knitted feet! I think those two are up to no good...

Anonymous said...

I hope Mauve isn't reading your blog...

Anonymous said...

I'm really worried about Rose. Have you talked to her about Birth control? Henry hasn't got two clues to rub together.

Alison said...

Oh Steph, I'm worried about Rose too. Accidents happen, and can Henry afford to support her if something does? And how will Mauve take it? Oh, I forsee real soap opera drama here!

lulubelle said...

Oh god, you know it never even occured to me...and Rose is so naive too! I think I'm going to sit down with her for a chat this afternoon, hopefully I'm not too late!