Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year...

BACK TO SCHOOL! BACK TO SCHOOL! WHOOOOOO!

Cameron began grade 2 this morning, he's getting so big, and I think I was more excited than he was. He's been so antsy the last week or so and I found we were just getting under one another's skin. Although I missed him this morning...today's lunch hour was probably the best meal we've had together in ages. He was well behaved, remembered all his manners and was so easy to get along with. I can't wait to hear about the rest of his day!
Of course, we got caught in the rain on the way, luckily we had our umbrellas. Grace has this cutie little purple one and I thought it would be sweet to let her hold it and stroll in the rain...

I was right of course. However, Grace got very distracted with the umbrella and stopped watching where she was going...and nearly went out into the road. Since she refused to hold a hand...we took the umbrella, and she took a tantrum

In a puddle no less. Sigh. She finally comprimised and held her Daddy's hand and her umbrella and all was well with the world.

In other news...Henry went back last night. I've not seen Rose all day, although I occasionally hear a soft sob around the computer desk. She must have a hidey-hole in there somewhere.
This is how they spent their last day together:
Henry got onto Steph's blog and showed Rose pics from his various trips and adventures. She really liked the pics of him mountain climbing

Although I don't think she was too impressed by Mauve...

From the sound of things this was the first time Rose had heard of her.
After "show and tell" Henry did some mugging for the camera with some of Grace's stuffed toys:


He's such a ham.
Then I saw them huddled on the couch whispering and looking at this book:

I think I'm a bit late to have a talk with Rose about birth control. We'll have to wait and see what happens since she won't talk to me about Henry right now.
When it was time for him to go, she was beside herself

I'm sure with time, the heartache will pass.
The reunion at KOL was sweet though...

Steph was so happy to have her little monster back, it was quite touching. And Henry was so very happy to be back in her arms, he barely left her side all night.
And here is a pic that shows the fun-loving side of Steph...this is why we adore her:

That's a baby sweater on her head. This baby sweater to be exact.
I had such a great time with Henry here this week, I imagine it'll seem very quiet around here without him. Thanks for visiting little buddy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph put almost anything on her head just to see if it will fit on her noggin :)

Should we all start knitting baby monster sized onesies?

Anonymous said...

I mean to add, that picture of Grace having a tantrum is hysterical.

Alison said...

Okay, I saw Grace in the puddle and thought "poor Grace, she fell over". then I looked again and thought "oh, wait, I recognise that pose, Andrew does that one all the time!"

Okay, Moe, you come up with a monster onesie pattern, I'd be willing to knit some just in case!

lulubelle said...

A monster onesie...I think it would have to be quite small...I mean, if she has babies they won't be much bigger than a finger puppet, right?

Megan said...

Henry! Leave that sheep alone!

Steph said...

This entire post is sooooo funny. Where do I begin?

Cameron - gah - he's just the cutest little man. Can he and I hang out and play with trucks sometime?

Grace - on the ground - heh heh. I've been known to do this, but the good thing is, once you're an adult, you try to avoid puddles when losing your mind.

Henry/Rose/Mauve love triangle - I'm concerned about Rose. I'm worried about Mauve. And Henry? Well, Henry needs a good kick in the pants.

And as for me putting things on my head. Um, yeah. It's true. I'm always putting things on my head. Whether it's an unfelted fuzzy foot, a Sophie bag, a faux fur purse (JAK did it too!) or just a plain old baby sweater... yup, gotta see what fits the "deceptively large head".
It's nice to know I'm adored for being weird. It's better than being shunned.