Today while surfing the net with his morning cup 'o joe...Henry got the feeling someone was watching him...

This is Rose...the little knitted monster that was created a while ago, but as she's terribly shy, almost never leaves the computer desk

I didn't think she'd come out of hiding, but Henry managed to persuade her


He can be quite charming, as you all know.
I was getting lunch ready and when I returned to the livingroom I saw this cozy set up:

Henry asked if it would be alright if he and Rose took their lunch in the "villa"...then had the nerve to ask for a menu! I told him his choices were cold leftover pizza or heated leftover pizza. He opted for heated. When lunch was through he asked if there was a choice of desserts...and if creme brule was one of them. I replied no, but I do have a lovely barre tendre with brisures de chocolat. He eagerly agreed...

Yep, chocolate chip granola bars. Rose thought this was hilarious.
Later in the afternoon, I settled the babies down for their naps, and came back to the main room. Henry and Rose were nowhere to be found. Then I noticed this weird shadow behind the curtain..

I was shocked to discover this:

I sat them both down and lectured them sternly. They had just met for heaven's sake!! And there are young, impressionable children in the house!! I don't think they took me all that seriously though,

Rose excused herself, and I reminded Henry that there was a purpled-haired young lady awaiting his return. He walked off muttering something I couldn't make out...I did catch something that sounded like "Albert" (I think he got to your blog Steph).
Henry then occupied himself with emptying the blocks out of Grace's Mega Bloks Cinderella carriage

I wasn't sure what his game was...until I saw this:

And Grace was too happy to help out by taking them for a ride

After this decided it was time to head down to the playground, I told Henry it would be good for him to get some fresh air. Rose opted to stay behind, and it looked like Henry was going to stay behind too, but I insisted he come with.
As it was he had a great time. He went on the swings with Grace

Had a slide or two, then tried out the monkey bars


I told him the monkey bars would be too far apart for him, but he insisted I help him up there. Of course he got stuck.
Then my phone rang. Turns out Henry was trying to call up to the apartment to check on Rose, but our phone was forwarded to my cell...

I don't know how he got a hold of Phil's cell phone, and he won't tell us. Has he ever pick-pocketed before Steph?
At any rate, he decided we should be heading home for dinner. He also thought he'd help out by pushing Grace's stroller..

I've decided that tonight Henry will take one of Cameron's bunkbeds while Rose will be moved into our bedroom for the night. Just to be on the safe side.
5 comments:
OMG - Lesley - I wish I had your telephone # so you could hear how hard I'm laughing right now. I'm actually rolling around laughing.
Ahem.
But for the sake of Mauve's little heart, I will try to pull myself together.
The sight of Henry trying to push the stroller? It's almost too much. Bwah ha ha ha ha ha...
And that Rose character. Reminds me of someone I know.
Let's hope they're not like rabbits, or tribbles, cause you're going to be over run with small knitted monsters...
I'm laughing so hard the tears are rolling down my face. Hope no one comes into my veal pen looking for me.
One question, why is Henry giving Rose Rolaids?
Henry's not giving Rose some rolaids..they are just on the computer desk. As I get wicked heartburn, I have Tums and Rolaids stashed all over the house for quick access :)
Post a Comment