If I had actual knitting time this past week (honeymooning and all, we were very busy) they probably would have been complete a lot sooner. However, as everytime I sat down to knit, I only ever got half a row done, maybe a whole one if I ignored my children, they seemed to be taking forever. I put all other projects on hold (sorry Janet) until the blessed thing was complete.
So here I am, at KOL modelling my sock, nearly finished...all that was left was the toe grafting...

While I was working away on the toe grafting...we noticed that the rag doll Catherine was making for her daughter seemed familiar...

Hmmm...interesting. I bet the junior psychologists out there would have a lot to say about that!
Then, finally (drumroll please!):
TA DA!!!

And ya know what? It felt even better to finish the socks amongst the KOL group. They celebrated with me, while my husband probably would have congratulated me while wondering why I bother to knit socks when they are so much work (he doesn't "get it"). Thanks ladies, it made it a great knitting victory!
Finally, a picture for the Ninja. I hope this brings a bit of a smile. This is a pic of Grace's little corner of the world (in my living room):

Doesn't everyone have a 5ft cut-out of Winne the Pooh in their living room? (Story of the cutout: My Aunt works in the bakery of Sobeys, Pooh was part of a display promoting Ben's Hunny Bread. My Aunt decided that Grace, being a huge Pooh bear fan, needed to have the cut-out, and the Ben's delivery guy agreed. Once the promo was over, and after a minor scuffle with other staff of the grocery store...yup they fought over it...he came home to us. He's free-standing, and the only place he really fits in our apartment is the living room.)
Note to Janet: Your purse is the next in line UFO to be worked on. I will knit nothing else until it is completed. The KOL crew saw it last night and oohs and ahhs were placed on the yarn, the design admired. Very encouraging.
4 comments:
YAY - happy pink socks!
I feel so honoured to have witnessed their completion.
Nice socks! Next time you wear them though, give me a heads up, so I remember to bring my shades.
I felt like we should have popped open a bottle of champagne last night.
Great job lady!
Ooooh, Steph, good idea. Can we bring out own booze to Uncommon Grounds?
Post a Comment