Friday, August 11, 2006

Introducing: Noel Patrick King!

One of my best friends and my maid of honour gave birth this evening to a 7lb 8oz baby boy! She now has a completed set, having had a girl nearly 3 years ago. Momma and babe are doing very well.
She started her labour with gusto this afternoon, and at 9:24 this evening she felt the urge to push...and a mere 10 min later there he was! You go girl!
Here, we have Momma feeling fine after getting her epidural:

Here we have me, ever the knitter, working on a project while Momma contracted:

(I was working on a dishcloth. I needed a simple project that I didn't need to think about. I told Melissa that I started it when she told me she was in the early stages, and said the "race was on" to finish. She won)
And here is the man himself:


And already with a sense of style:

Remember his name...if his Daddy has his way he'll be the next great hockey player (keep your ear to the ice in about 18 years)
Congratulations Melissa and Shawn, you make nice babies. Congratulations to Big Sister Mackenzie...play nice!
Lots of love!

2 comments:

Steph said...

10 minutes of pushing? She's just setting standards that no one can possibly meet.

Welcome to the world Noel!

Alison said...

He's lovely. I'm glad things went well, and that he waited until after your wedding to arrive!