They finally arrived this week:

From left to right: Permenant Mistake in the bamboo, wool and nylon blend, Pretty Pirate in superwash merino and Sweet Magnolia in the bamboo blend.
I gleefully show these off to my husband...who looks at me in confusion. Then he says "uh...they're all the same."
What? No they are not! I mean...LOOK at them. Permenant Mistake is black and pink, while Pretty Pirate has silver and white as well as black and pink, and Sweet Magnolia is not even close with its green, purple and uh...pink. Ok, maybe they share a little similarity, but honestly! The base yarns are totally different, giving completely different feels to the yarn AND changing how the colours look.
He doesn't know what he's talking about.
Then the July booty club shipment arrived...

Superwash BFL, in a colourway called "Cupcake" Isn't it yummy?
Phil's reaction?
"Good lord! How much pink sock yarn do you need???"
I bit back the retort of "ALL OF IT IN THE WORLD!!" and just said "Well, this one is suprise, I don't get to pick the colour." And then squirrelled it away. Besides...this one has BROWN in it..and again, totally different yarn base.
So...
I'm right. And Phil is crazy.
Yes?
10 comments:
Ok, you still have the boobs and he still has the penis?
If so, you're right, of course.
You're right. I don't know that he'll ever buy it, but if you hide the yarn away...he'll forget. ;0)
*sigh* MEN.
That's like when the mister says "But don't you already HAVE green yarn??"
Yes, but not THIS shade of green yarn!!
The last one looks like Neopolitan ice cream! yum!
And it all feels soooooooo good.....better check your bags, I might have stolen one!
Well, you know, the yarns look like they're kinda related, that's about it. But, you know, he has more than one Habs jersey, right? Bet he doesn't think they're all the same!
They do have a theme, don't they? However there are some days I think I should put in for my honorary boy card.
They are obviously all different and all pretty!
Steph hit the nail squarely on the head!
I love them all as well, and yes they are all different and special in their respective ways!
Such pretty yarn!
As a totally different topic... I joined hat attack... ENABLER! ;-)
I agree it looks like Ice Cream.
It is a lot of pink. In which case, if you are a pink lover it's all good.
Sock yarn, regardless of the color is always a happy addition to one's stash.
Post a Comment