Monday, August 25, 2008

Family Additions

Just over 19 years ago I was sitting in a hospital lobby playing umpteen games of solitare on the coffee table. It was late, like 3am, and I was waiting as patiently as a 10 year old can.

Finally, my dad arrives, wearing faded scrubs, and tells me the great news:

"Lesley, you have a little brother!"

I think I smiled and showed happiness and excitement. But in my head, I was thinking

"Are you kidding me? I stayed up all night and it's a boy??"

I think it goes without saying that I was hoping for a sister.

All thoughts of disappointment flew out of my head when I held him for the first time...I instantly loved that little bundle of baby boy.

A few years later I would get another brother, who I would also love the moment I met him, even though I had wanted a sister.

Saturday, that bundle of baby boy...gave me a sister


She's lovely. And she makes him happy...which is really all I want for him.

Congratulations Aaron! Welcome to the family Kassandra!

And because I know you're wondering....the shawl looked fabulous

7 comments:

Steph VW said...

Awwwww... Look at them all glowy and happy.

Look at you, all covered in shawly glory.

awwwwww.

Cali said...

Do they ever look happy! Such a sweet looking couple. Glad you had a good time, and the shawl does look great!

Cate said...

Congrats to your brother and his new wife! I hope they have a long and happy life together!
The shawl looks wonderful! Oh, and yay!, the dress fit! I'm so glad.

Anonymous said...

Good looking couple! (Glad the weather cooperated.)

The shawl did indeed look GORGEOUS. I love the size and drama of it. And the colour looks great on you...

Valerie said...

Lurve the shawl. Of course, it is only as fabulous as the wearer. (In this case, VERY.)

Congrats to your brother!

Unknown said...

The shawl looks great!!!

dontcareravelry said...

You looked beautiful. So did the happy couple.