Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Give me my sin again

I have made my second Gluttony Sock


I opted to do the second one opposite of the first, colourwise, and I honestly cannot say which one I like more, they are both so very pretty.

(side note: Why is it so hard to take pics of your own feet? Honestly, you would not think it would be hard to do...)

In other FO news

The Dance Socks are finished!

And just in the nick of time too, my cousin and her family leave today to start their long drive home. I miss her already, we had a lot of fun this trip.

One thing she wanted to do was join me on a knit night, and I told her she was more than welcome to come along, but she had to knit. She was a really good sport about it, and found once she got going that her fingers remembered clearly the knitting lesson she received as a child from our Aunt who knits (hi Booboo!). I gave her cotton and needles to make a dishcloth, which she then decided it would be a blanket for her youngest child's dolls. She had mere 11 rows to go when KOL wrapped up for the evening, promising to join me again. While she did not make it to another KOL, she did join me and gals who meet at a Dartmouth pub on Thursdays. I handed her the needles and yarn and reminded her of the pattern.

Can anyone guess which part she didn't hear?


We had a good laugh when we realized the mistake, but decided we would leave it as is and continue with the right number of decreases, then I bound it off for her.

She thinks it makes a very lovely tie


But it also fits perfectly in her hand to make a nice potholder. Lol!

So...what's on my needles now?

I am making a pair of socks for Grace, I need to finish square #3 in the afghan swap so I can send this one off on time, I want to make a couple of monster bears, and I am making a shawl to wear to my brother's wedding.

And now that my gluttony socks are done, I'm eyeballing the yarn pirate yarns I have stashed...but can't decide which to start with.

Looking at my WIP list I realized that 4 of those 5 projects all have rapidly approaching deadlines.

I'm off to knit.

(Bonus points to anyone who can identify the quote in today's title)

7 comments:

Cali said...

Why Romeo and Juliet of course!

And if your Gluttony socks go missing... it was not me! I wouldn't steal such amazingly beautiful and soft socks from you... never...

Congrats on getting the Dance socks done! They look great. What a lucky neice you have!

Steph said...

Cali - I'll hoist you through the window if you need help getting in to Yes home.

All your knitting is so pretty. I was in a meeting all day, so I'm fried.

See you at KOL.

CelticCastOn said...

both sets of socks look great!
Your title is most definately Romeo and Juliet, love that movie!!

Alison said...

Sadly, Cali and Steph, the Yes home is three or four floors up. I don't think you'll be climbing in the window. Although it would be easy if you could get onto the roof...

Miss Me said...

your gluttony socks appear to have inspired lots of another deadly sin - envy!!! they are simply GORGEOUS.

kasiaiscarly said...

wow, those dance argyles are great! nice job!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love your gluttony socks jaw on ground.Hugs Darcy