First...yes I know I missed the Whiskers On Wednesday. I promise to get better at that.
Second...I finally bowed to the pressure from family and some friends to get Gabriel's hair cut for the first time. I was resistant because well...then he'd look like a little boy, instead of looking like my baby.
But we got through it and I didn't even cry.

Gabriel on the other hand...

Well, the novelty wore off pretty quick and all he wanted was down and for that lady to stop fussing with his head. He does look very handsome...but no, he does not look like a baby any more (SOB!).
Canada Day we decided to do some family stuff, so we went to Citadel Hill (since it's free on Canada Day)
There we got to see some of the re-enactors discuss their personal lives

No matter though...Grace was more interested in the rocks

While Gabriel was more interested in the grass

And Cam was more interested in dodging the camera. Sometimes on these family outings, Cam gets all weird and won't participate. Then he wants to participate, but since he's already made a show of Not Getting Into It, he still won't participate. Kids are weird.
The most exciting thing to happen at the fort was my tumble. They had opened up the passage way inside the outer wall. Since we could not get the stroller in, we (Phil and I) decided to take turns taking the kids in to see. Not that you could see, it's pretty freakin dark in there. Which is why I did not see the short but steep flight of stairs. I managed to catch myself on the fence they have put up at the bottom (presumably to keep visitors out of a dangerous section...but I'm pretty sure you'll agree that the fence would work better at the top of the unlit stairs) and I managed to not pull Grace down with me...but I did scream, which scared her and she pretty much refused to go inside anywhere else in the fort. Not that I blame her.
Once we'd seen all we could see of the fort, we headed down to the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History, because Canada Day is when they open the butterfly tent. I love the butterfly tent. So pretty. I took several pics of butterflies...to add to my collection of butterfly pictures from years past. It's like when we go apple picking, I can't stop myself from taking dozens of pictures of apples on trees. I must have hundreds of pictures of apples on trees, yet every year I take like 30 more.
Cameron finally got into things at the NSMNH, and even played in the Sea Monster exhibit

Later we met up with Mr and Mrs Happy and Ms Cali to watch the fireworks from the commons. We had a great view of the harbour, but sadly the fireworks team didn't agree and shot them off to the side of our fantastic view...we got to see them through the trees.
But it was nice to hang out with Happys, who are such a cute couple

And my wee ones really enjoyed Berkeley's company (or as Grace calls her "Broccoli")

All in all, a great day, and I was all sorts of exhausted by the time I got home.
As for the knitting, all projects are on hold right now as I scramble to make knee-high argyle socks for my cousin's daughter. She's competing in the Halifax Highland Games, which are next weekend.
Between having to wait on her measurements, trying to find the right colours, then ultimately dying yarn to get what I wanted, then having FOUR false starts, I'm finally getting somewhere with this project. Thankfully the highland dancer I'm making these for is 10, and not very tall. Just in case though...it wouldn't hurt for you all to send me some knitting mojo. Thanks!
3 comments:
mojo mojo mojo
Our little man (Corbin who will be 2 in November) has yet to have a haircut for the same reason. I am going to miss his curls but we have to do something soon as I am losing the little boy under all of his hair. :)
Oh! Highland dance stockings!!! Our neighbour would love if I would agree to knit Abigail new ones! She's taller than me and not a dainty build! I've refused so far, never having done argyle knitting. I might offer to make new toes and heels...... Wishing you mucho mojo! samm
Post a Comment