My daughter of the Incredible Hearing (except when she's doing something she is not supposed to be...then she's pretty much deaf) yells out "The BEACH!" and crawls out of the couch-cushion Cam was building and runs to me
"Mommy! We gonna go to the beach?!"
I say "Yes, I think so..."
Grace: "The BEACH! I need my swimmin suit on!" and with that she tore off down her to room, where I found her moments later trying desperately to get out of her nightgown, her bathing suit on the floor next to her. I guess we were going to the beach.
Ah...but I'm glad we did.
While the Atlantic can be numbingly cold, it felt awesome on my over-heated self

Ahhhhhhhhhh.
Once I was all cooled off, I watched Phil and the kids dig and play in the sand...

...from my perch on the blanket as I worked on the Salad Socks

All in all a great afternoon. Made even better by coming home and finding a pick-up slip from Canada Post. So on our way to the Planetarium(scroll down, title "Night Sky") we picked up the parcel. On the way I wondered what it could be...is it by some miracle my Seven Deadly S(p)ins parcel come (it would be a miracle for it to be here already, the club parcel takes FOREVER to get to NS)? Or maybe the yarn I bought in the last Yarn Pirate update?
Nope...KNITPICKS ORDER!!
I stopped at Steph's on the way home to deliver her part (and give her sympathy noises over her spill today). It was like Christmas, us two opening the box together to see what was inside!
I ordered some more needles(sock sized, for magic loopin), cables for my options set, a sock blank (just one for now, I'll order more once I get a chance to dye it and knit with it...I might hate it, ya never know) and Knitted Icons

Ooh yeah...gonna knit me a Madonna. She'll be accompanying me on my big trip to see her in concert come October. (which reminds me, I've not screamed out "AHHH! MADONNA!!!" in a while...)
But now a decision must be made...do I dress my Madonna in the cone-bra a la Truth or Dare (featured on the cover) or do I dress my Madonna in the Like A Virgin wedding gown, like so...

Decisions...decisions...
(psst...tell me your vote in the comments...I might just make it worth your while....think wee knitterly prize for you, by random draw. Just saying. Oh yes, I just totally made up a contest and put it in brackets. Ha!)
*if you get a chance to check out the planetarium...do! I was really enjoying myself before the little kids got antsy. I'm probably going to take Cam again, since he was enjoying it as well.
14 comments:
Thanks for the sympathy noises, and the yarn delivery. It really made my night.
I'm going to have to get Mr. Happy to take me to the planetarium. I've never been there. Silly me.
oh man. . .. the ocean down here in Va Beach was kinda chilly on Monday. . . I can't IMAGINE it WAAAY UP THERE in Nova Scotia! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves :)
I vote for Truth or Dare Madonna.
And another vote for Truth or Dare Madonna.
Where's the pics of you all seksay in yer bathing suit? *pouts*
And yay yarn!!!! I want to order some yarn, but I don't know how long I am going to be sans-job. :(
And cone bra!!! CONE BRA!!!!!!!!
Vogue Madonna! Cone Bra!
Like a Virgin! Tulle rules!
Cone bra, all the way.
meegie and i are in the minority - like a virgin madonna!
mil took the boys to the beach when they were with her in halifax last week. they had a great time. i haven't set foot in the ocean since last august - too long!
I'd go for the Truth or Dare Madonna. I like the long hair :).
Which beach did you go to? The one we usually go to has been closed to to high bacteria count. Ick.
OH, and can I assume that my book and needles arrived too, and that I'll see them tomorrow afternoon?
clasic cone bra madonna all the way! lol
Ahhhh, the beach! I should really get out there... I can't believe that i haven't been to the beach yet this year!
Cone boobs! Go for the cone boobs! The other one kind of looks like Marilyn Monroe...
I vote for the cone bra - it's much more recognizably Madonna.
The cones and the I Dream of Jeannie hair! Absoposilutely!
It's not Madonna without the cone bra. I vote for it. She would look killer with argyle socks as well. :P
Post a Comment