Friday, July 18, 2008

Salad feet

Jaywalkers are done!


Yarn: Knitpicks Felici, in the now discontinued colour "Arugula", which is why I call them "Salad Socks"

Yay for green feet! This yarn is so freakin soft, I love them. Too bad it's to damn hot to wear them right now...not because I'm not enjoying the blistering, sweaty-making heat, but because they are pretty and I want to show them off.

My last post included a contest...what a great way to see if people actually read my blog, slide a contest in brackets, lol!

The votes have been counted, and Cone-bra Madonna emerged as a clear winner.

Speaking of winners...I had Phil pick a number and the winner of the votes contest is:

Alison!

My original prize plan was a sock project bag, but since my most favourite librarian already has one...I'll be e-mailing you a choice of yarny goodness from my ample sock yarn stash. Congrats Alison!

I'll leave you with this:

Yesterday the heat piled on my boy and made him quite sick. He was on the chair, feeling gross and nauseated, when Ginny decided she was going to do her best to make him feel right.

Keep in mind, this cat is not exactly affectionate. She pesters, she never gives love. And even as she showed her love for her boy, she was sort of aggressive about it...


Cam was accosted by that cat, she stood on his chest and forcefully rubbed up his face, purring louder than a muffler-less truck. Crazy cat.

Made Cam feel better though :)

9 comments:

Steph said...

hee hee - silly cat.

The Ninja Knitter said...

Faboo socks! And if you need to cool off, come on over. There's always a breeze in the treehouse, eh?

Stephanie N said...

That is such an adorable picture!!!

Megan said...

Cats always know when their staff are sick. It's kind of endearing.

Miss Me said...

can't blame you for wanting to show those babies off! they're gorgeous. (i'd already seen them on your ravelry page and had drooled on my keyboard at work.)

congrats to alison! can't wait to see madonna in her cone bra...

cats... odd things. at least your's purrs.

Alison said...

Seriously, I'd settle for the sock project bag, I don't think you can have too many of those if you're one of the more-than-one-project-on-the-needles-at-a-time sort, as I am.

And honestly, I never win anything!

PS thank Phil and tell him the plan worked out great, I'll rig votes for him any time! JK ;-)

ikkinlala said...

I love that cat picture (and the socks too).

Anonymous said...

What a sweet photo! That's a cat who loves her boy! The Salad Socks are beautiful. Congratulations to Alison! samm

Cali said...

What a cute cat boy moment! :)