Monday, April 28, 2008

Play with colour

Several posts ago I talked about dyeing my baby's prefolds (cloth diapers). I had just gotten really tired of cloth. I knew what I was doing was better for the environment and better for my baby's tush, but honestly after 3 years of washing poop off cloth, I was having a hard time keeping up my enthusiasm.

Not anymore...the diapers are dyed and pretty and I'm excited about cloth again!


While I was at it, I found I was really loving the colours of the dye, and I had used the wine colour to dye the bare lace weight I received in the cocoa swap (it's gorgeous! I thought I had a pic of it, but I can't find it. I'll come back and edit once I take it agin).

I also decided to try my hand at some tie-dye, and now Grace has two new shirts

The purple one she declared to be "Soo perfect!" and the orange to be "oh so whack-a-doo!" I have no idea if that means it's good or not.

The best part is, of course, that Gabriel is back in cloth

He says "Hey, does this diaper make my bum look like a pumpkin?"

Thanks again Ninja for the inspiration!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo those are so cute!!!

We must get together again soon ... play, knit and chat :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabriel! Jazzy diapers! Grace's shirts turned out well too. I think whack-a-doo is for sure a positive comment. :O) samm

The Ninja Knitter said...

Oh, they're lovely! And so glad that your enthusiam's returned in spades. Welcome to the addictive world of dyes. :)

Anonymous said...

They look so great! Its funny, my sister is insistant that she will be our cloth diaper buyer- once Mark and I have a baby. We'll pay, but she'll pick them out. :-)

Kitty Mommy said...

Wowza! Love the colors. Now I'm thinking that my little dude might need a more technicolor bum...