So, once again I find myself playing catch up. It's starting to be habit forming. I'll try to smarten up, I promise.
Let's start with last week shall we?
It's entirely possible that my not blogging about Gabriel's first birthday is because I'm sort of in denial about it. I still haven't really processed the fact that I have 3 kids, so dealing with an entire year passing since #3 arrived is kind of hard.
For those of you interested...he loved his snake

He also really enjoyed smashing his cake.

Like most one year olds, I doubt he knew what the heck was going on and had no idea why everyone was looking at him...but he enjoyed the presents and grinned like a fool whenever someone said "Happy Birthday!"
On the yarny goodness front, I enabled a newbie (I'm thisclose to getting the title of "pusher") and in the process scored some knitpicks for me.
First up I bought black sock yarn to use for my cousin's daughter's socks

She's taken up highland dance and I've had a really hard time finding the yellow I need to match her kilt, so I jumped at the chance to buy this

So I can dye up my own yellow. Hehe. Once that's done I can make some knee high argyle socks.
Of course, I had to get some undyed yarn

'cause, ya know...I need something to dye after all. Hehe.
I also snatched up the yarn I wanted for my Arwen

Swish worsted weight, in Clematis Heather. Much prettier in person...yummy to touch.
And I'm getting some more yummies later...Phil got me to order what I wanted from Blue Moon Fiber Arts (i'll show you when I get them). Thankfully we did this before we realized that...

My stash box is not closing anymore.
And yes, I think my reaction of "Well, looks like I need a new container just for sock yarn" was perfectly normal.
But I have been knitting!
I pulled Juju off the needles, I wasn't loving it in that yarn (plus Phil kept saying it was a "girly" green). I am going to do it again, but this time fitted to Gabriel's little butt (the pattern is all too big) and use the cable for the side. I think I have enough of the cotlin I used for Tussie Mussie to make them for him.
Um...well, I guess that does not count knitting.
I'm almost done a hat for Phil, which I'll take pictures of when it's completed and the patch sewn on. As a teaser, it has something to do with a certain Canadian hockey team.
The other two things I'm knitting are gifts so I can't show them.
I can show you this though:

Hopefully, it's going to become a pair of these for Grace.
Alright, that's you all caught up. Now, hopefully I won't have to do this again.
(haha, famous last words!)
4 comments:
if your stash fits in one container, you are MORE THAN justified in getting one just for sock yarn. my husband would be happy if all my stash was in one room... he wouldn't care how many containers!
love the b'day shots. isn't he cute? and are some of the stripes from the labour socks leftovers?
You got more yarn from Blue moon and didn't let me know??? What kind of pusher are you? I so would have gone in on that order! lol
Wow your stash box is so much bigger than mine! Do you think that some day mine will be that big too? :)
You'll have to let me know how Arwen goes. I would like to try that.
I just love it when you post! I don't know why - perhaps it's the photos of the kids - they're so darned cute.
Perhaps it's the photos of the dye (ok, where did you get it and when are you ordering again so I can get in on that?).
Perhaps it's the photo of the snake in the wild (I thought that thing was small for some reason; It's frickin' huge!)
Perhaps it's because I love how you think (a new sock yarn container; yes, sounds smart).
Those are going to be some sweet pantaloons.
I also can't believe a year has gone by....cool snake. Funny, my dad used to call me "Snake" (in addition to Moe and Meathead) when I was a kid.
Post a Comment