Saturday, September 15, 2007

Randoms

Since all of my current UFO's and a recent FO are all unbloggable (gifts for those who may or may not be perusing the blog, which is why Ravelry is so great, since I can still show 'em off there) I'm going to post a few things that I've been meaning to post about :)

First, odd signage.

This one here is actually on the visor of my aunt's Jeep Cheroke, which we are using for a little while:

Wear your Seatbelts and Don't Drink and Drive. Thanks for the tip. You know, there really ought to be a law against those things...oh wait...

This next one...

Is actually posted on the back of the MALL STROLLER. Now, I realize it refers to the large basket provided, no you should not put your offspring in that it's not safe. But you know there is some moron out there thinking "well, what am I supposed to use it for then?" Probably the same moron who thinks they can totally take it on an escalator.

At the last KOL night Steph learned that as Gabriel gets older, he's getting harder to hang on to


Don't worry, she didn't drop him. She held him while he wiggled and wiggled until he slid down to her feet (a controlled slide, with her hands safely holding him). I think we're almost to a point where little man here can stay home and have some Daddy time while Mommy gets to go out by herself.

Grace learned that Cameron makes a pretty good horse

While Cameron learned that toddlers do not tire of this sort of thing.

And last night, to the delight of all the other shoppers, Grace found the perfect Hallowe'en costume



Lastly, this message is for those in TV Land:

Knitting looks like this:


See how the needle tips are pointing up? I'm sick of seeing "knitting" on TV/Movies with the ends of the needles stuck all up in the air and the supposed knitter doing something with the yarn, I don't know what it is because you can't actually knit that way.

That will be all, have a nice day :)

10 comments:

Dorothy said...

Grace looks ADORABLE in her costume!

Ursula said...

What a cute little dragon! Best ever!

Alison said...

That second pic of Grace is hilarious. She just gets funnier as she gets older!

Miss Me said...

aaahhh... she's so cute! and thanks for the picture of *real* knitting because you're right - the ends of the needles in the air is ridiculous. or when they show someone sewing or quilting and refer to it as knitting... hello???

Black Purl said...

Your post was pretty funny. And you are such a tease!! I'm getting pretty excited about my package now...

Anonymous said...

I love it when kids wear costumes just because they like it. Ah to be young again. She looks most adorable in her costume.

Unknown said...

You have beautiful kidlets at your house. :) Little kids in costumes are so funny! I think Grace has a huge sense of humour. We had a little neighbour years ago who had a Tigger costume that she wore day and night for months! Gracedragon might do that too! samm

Steph said...

I"m just glad you didn't get a photo of him flying around the room with his Superbaby cape on. Can you imagine the disclaimers you would have to post with that? (he's a superbaby, he's licensed to fly, we were careful not to let him hit any walls, and didn't open any windows)

Miss Me said...

thanks. sometimes its just good to know that i'm not alone... (older son still finds it hilarious when someone's thong is showing - but at 11.5 years, i know that this will soon change.)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest dragon (dinosaur?) I've ever seen. I also think it is hysterical that kids wear costumes whenever they feel like it.