Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Now, I try to use this blog as knitting one, for my crafty stuff. It would be easy to use it as a soapbox from which to stand and tell people a lot of stuff that floats around in my head but that you're not here to read. Most of you readers are knitters, and that's what you're here to read. About my knitting.

Which is why I started a new blog for my other musings, which I'm not quite ready to say "Hey everybody, here is an blog where you can read about my thoughts on a bunch of other stuff I'm interested in" (mostly because since I now have an outlet, my thoughts are all trying to get out at once, making for totally incoherent blog posts that end up being deleted, there's only one post there and it's from AGES ago).

So...where am I going with this you ask?

The Breastfeeding Challenge is coming up soon, I talked about it last year here,(there is a catchy little tune there too) on September 29th. There is also the La Leache League International Walk-a-thon (hey, I'm doing that this year too, let me know if you want to sponsor me).

Because that's been on my mind, and a whole bunch of other breastfeeding related issues are coming to mind (recent discovery that the formula companies had interfered with a pro-breastfeeding ad campaign in the US a few years ago, that more recently they had a study suppressed about how breastfeeding can reduce the risk of various illness, Facebook's banning of members who post photos of their nursing babies but tattoo'd penises are a-ok...I could go on and on)I considered posting something about breastfeeding and how our culture views it.

But again, that's not why you are here.

So I am going to post this link to Mojo of a Mama. There she does a fantastic job of comparing what society seems to see as acceptable and unacceptable, with pics too! Click it if you choose, if not no worries.

I'll get back to my regularly scheduled knitting content soon.

No comments: