Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Oh the places I went (virtually anyway)

My swap package from the Virtual Vacation Swap arrived today!

And Michelle, I started giggling when it arrived and saw who was spoiling me, since I had linked to you in the FFBE contests...you must have gotten a chuckle out of my line of "it seems we're in a couple of these swaps together" lol!

Anyway...

Here's the package:


When I opened it a got a big whiff of beachy smell, which was quickly explained when I opened the bag, lol.

Michelle had everything explained out on beautiful handmade cards, and I have to say I am impressed lady. You see, Michelle MOVED during the swap, and gave me tours of her "old" state of North Carolina and her "new" state of Pennsylvania.

Here is my first part, we headed to the beach!


She knit me a lovely bag to hold all my gear in, inside I found 2 Creative Knitting Magazines, a Nicholas Sparks novel, sunscreen, self-striping sock yarn, knitpicks circular in 2.5mm, "Sea Spray" scented sachet (hence the beachy smell that hit me), travel brochures (which I have not yet had time to really look through, but what I have seen makes me want to pack my real bags), a smaller blue bag with an anchor on it and postcards. Not pictured are these wobbly guys that have candy in them. Grace claimed them and I have not been able to get them back to put them in the group shot.



(I did insist that she give one to her brother though, they are going to enjoy them after he gets home from school)

Did I mention the Knitpicks needles?


Because it took all of my willpower not to cast on then and there, surrounded by packaging, I was THAT excited! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Ahem.

On to Pennsylvania!



For souvenirs I got a train keychain and a magnet, a Thomas the Tank Engine Train whistle (which delighted Grace) and a silver conductor's whistle (pleased Cameron to no end...it's been a rather loud lunch hour 'round here), a tissue pack with the quote "In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul." (Lisa T. Shepherd) I also got some lovely hand crafted soap. From Hersey's I have some milk chocolate in a vintage style tin and some really yummy looking hot cocoa. Grace got some muppet hair elastics, which she is currently wearing on her wrist, and from Crayola the kids got smelly coloured pencils, bath crayons and window writers. Again I have handmade cards explaining where we went and describing Michelle's home, and travel brochures and postcards depicting a beautiful place to be.

And Grace used the window writers to make our home a bit more lovely


Thank you so much Michelle, it was totally worth the wait!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooh I 'm so happy you got it! I was beginning to worry it got lost in post!!! I truly had a ball putting this together! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well I sure have a heck of a lot to live up to don't I? That's a great package. I have just got a Tropical Aquarium - very similar to yours but I can't see any fish....what did the little guys think to their new tank decoration?
FFBE Buddy

lulubelle said...

FFBE Buddy...
I have no idea what they think since we cannot see them anymore due to the new mural, lol!

Cate said...

My Little Man had a great time with those markers this morning too. I had never thought of letting the kids write on the aquarium with them... hmmm... may be worth digging ours out of the bottom of the art box :)

Anonymous said...

What as great double vacation you had! :-))