Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gratuitous Cute Kitty Pics and my "Angel" Package Arrives!

Our New Kitty
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox


AND....

Devin, who participated in the HSKS2 with me and is now the Gryfinndor prefect for HSKS3, stepped up in a big way and put together an angel package for me (my partner went missing. We have no idea what happened, I hope she's ok). It arrived today, and it's AMAZING!!!


She knit me a bag, dyed the yarn herself and included these goodies: Raspberry Rubarb jam (mmm), chocolate (which my husband is eyeballing), Harry Potter Exploding bonbons (which my son is eyeballing), pumpkin spice handwipes (perfect for my purse), and a handy reference card for my DPNS.

But take a closer look at this yarn:


Gorgeous! And it's her first hand-dyed!! I think it might have to become these.

And look again at this bag:


Her FIRST FAIR ISLE! I'm so impressed! And it's lined with this lovely soft material...it's gorgeous!

Thank you Devin!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem, I'm glad you like it, and I'm glad that it all arrived in one piece- i.e. not covered in raspberry-rhubarb jam. As soon as I complete a couple more projects, I am making myself one of those bags- I LOVE them. Thanks for the kudos on the yarn- I think it will work really well with that pattern!

Anonymous said...

What a great bag! Very cool, Devin.

Rhubarb? Did someone say rhubarb?

Dorothy said...

What a beautiful bag!

Black Purl said...

Yowza! That's pretty freakin' fantastic.

I have a swift and a ball winder, so you can leave the skeins as is, if you want.

Can't wait to see it!

Cheers!

Winnie said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the bag. Devin out did herself this time around :)