We were off buying school supplies and found boxes of 24 Crayola Crayons for 88 cents. 88 cents people!! Now, we had agreed that since we already have an overflowing bucket 'o crayons, that we would just put enough in a case and send that. I sort of felt guilty, because part of the joy of going back to school is the brand new crayons, pencils and markers. All fresh out of the box. And he was already re-using last year's markers and I was giving him my practically new set of coloured pencils instead of buying new. But when I saw an 88 cent box of crayons, good crayons at that, I had to buy them. In fact, I sort of feel like I should go an buy more. Because....well, I like to give crayons and paper and other art supplies as birthday gifts to kids, since art is something that kids of all ages like to do.
And...they were 88 cents!!!
Anyway....
Decked out in his nicest duds my boy made his way to grade three

And oh...what are those on his feet?

That's right, those are tiger socks baby! I was up until 3am finishing his tiger socks so that he could have them for the first day of school. Got to earn my "My Incredible Mom" coffee mug somehow.
Big thanks to Alison for the loan of the addis, they made the job so much quicker. I've ordered my own off of ebay (have I mentioned that it's way cheaper to do that?). I cannot get over how much faster socks on two circs are. Alison, you can have your needles back as soon as mine arrive, ok?
In other needle news (put me on a yarn diet will you, Phil? HA! I scoff at your yarn diet and buy needles!) my order of the Boye Needle Master set (also off ebay, got it at less than half it's store retail price, shipping inc) arrived a moment ago. Off to knit something :)
7 comments:
Thanks again for the tip-off on cheap Addis chez Ebay, I'm anxiously awaiting my order too! Heehee!
And Cam looks smashing in his new socks! He'll be the envy of 3rd graders today.
Those are awesome first day of school socks. My first day of school socks are not going to be done by tomorrow, and I have to knit them myself! (they're just a bit shy of the heel flap now, on ethe first sock)
I lovelovelove two circs. Not being able to make things easy for myself, I did my first two circs sock from a dpn pattern and worked the conversion myself. Much love for two circs!
I am amused because my verification word today is "upobrb"
Cam looks SO grown up in his new school duds (yes, I am an 80-year-old woman, I say "duds").
The socks are awesome! Cam will never have to wonder if you love him - he's got 3am socks to prove it!
Cam looks really hip - is that a faux hawk I see? Or just artfully tousled hair?
Cool socks.
Those are some awesome socks. I wish I had a mom to make me those :)You certainly earn most incredible mom in my mind.
Aw, he looks adorable. How cool are those socks? If I were him, I'd find random excuses to take my shoes off all day long...
great socks! i've got to get my guys' tigers cast on... there is just something so "boy" about that yarn, isn't there?
Post a Comment