Saturday one of my best friends (I have 5 best friends. One is really my cousin but she counts as a bf too) got married. Which means...4 down, one to go! Then I can hang up my satiny shoes and never again worry about trying to get all the bobby pins out of my up-do. Although I will miss the staggette party-planning...those are fun!
Because you get to do things like this:

I've made the headgear for all of my friends staggettes, usually involving crowns or flowers and lots of tulle. Cherie's used camoflague (her husband was newly minted military), Melissa's had BIG daisies, Karen's had burgundy tulle and lots of heart shaped "jewels". Honestly, I should not have been suprised to get the tackiest of all, seen here. (don't click on that link if you have kiddoes nearby). I'll miss making those. Janet doesn't want one. Although...I may not let her decide (devilish giggle).
So, that pic was taken at Jamie's staggette dinner/suprise shower, which was the weekend before last. She's holding up a keepsake garter that I made for her, it has a giraffe on it. Yet another tradition I'll miss being a part of (oh yes Janet, you'll get one of those too).
Jamie made a lovely bride, her groom very handsome in his uniform:

They are about to kiss again, they barely sat through dinner ;)
At the dance, Grace got her groove on

All in all, a great day (despite the rain), and I'm very honoured to have been a part of my friend's day

(To Cate: I received lots of compliments on my gown, the bride was very pleased. Well done!)
Monday we went to playgroup, then to McDonald's and then to see Shrek the Third. It was pretty funny, but not as good the second one. This was Grace's first real theatre experience (we had been a lot when she was an infant, but those don't really count since she would just nurse then sleep through them) and the kids really enjoyed it.
Tuesday was Grace's last Tales for Tots down at the library, they blew bubbles as their creative experience

Grace enjoyed it so much she was the last to leave the table

She was having a great time with it, until she accidently sucked in instead of blowing out. Bubble solution is "ew gross!" (one never has a video camera running when one needs to)
Tuesday night instead of getting to go knit with my crew...I went to Phil's grad banquet. It was a lovely meal and very nice speeches, but I think Gabriel enjoyed himself the most...a room full of women who made a very big fuss over him:



It took me 15 minutes to cross the room when we went to leave.
And then today, I got a very good deal at the Build-A-Bear Workshop. Some of you might remember I was not too pleased about a visit I had there with regards to a poorly worded coupon. I had written the head company a letter expressing my displeasure and they responded with an apology and $20 worth of "Bear Bucks." I had to go up to Mic Mac Mall today to look at dresses for Janet's wedding (and buy myself something pretty). Build-A-Bear had these:

They are selling at $9.00 each...or all 3 for $19.00. My bear bucks covered part of the taxes. My price for all 3? $0.46. That's a good deal! Each of my kids has their own ogre baby. Although Gabriel is not really all that excited about his ;)
Tomorrow my husband has his convocation ceremony. I am so proud of him.
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear the dress was well received. The question though, is, did Gabriel like it?
Congrats to Phil!
Congratulations to Phil! YAY!!!!!
You are one busy lady - weddings, weddings, weddings... babies, kids, another wedding... Wow.
I need a nap.
Grace is such a cutie!
Post a Comment