I suppose if you came down the stairs of a coffee shop to see this:

From another angle:

It might be a wee bit odd. Knitters assembled in large numbers do freak out the muggles, as the Harlot's Represent Tour has been proving. Oh, Hey Harlot! If you read this (not that I think you actually do, and if you do and I find out I'd probably become a giddy mess quite frankly) we were thinking if you are able to bring the tour east we were thinking it'd be a hoot to have a "Bring Your Own Chair" Represent Event. Whaddaya think? (I can't take credit for the idea...it was Deb's, but I think it's a great one!)
Steph got a hold of Little Man and held him through quite a bit of the evening

(You could actually hear her ovulating)
Steph made a lovely set of booties for Gabriel, one before vacation, one during. Steph learned a valuable lesson, don't drink and knit. The second bootie is quite a bit more relaxed and a lot bigger than bootie #1

However, there is a silver lining...bootie #2 fits Gabriel where bootie #1 is a bit small. So Steph is going to fix the one that was, for all intents and purposes, done "right". The Goddess of Knitting was having a bit of fun with her I think.
While Steph was making her arms numb by toting my tot, I was knitting away on labour sock #2. I'm not sure why I thought to stop and measure, because I was certain that I had a ways to go before reaching the heel flap. Well, good thing I did because I'd gone an inch farther than I needed to. When the socks were side by side, it was glaringly obvious. And I know me, it's gonna drive me batty. So off came the needles and ripping ensued. I was able to get it back on track with very little trouble. Unfortunatly, just as I got the ripping done, Gabriel got fussy. He wanted to eat, so I took care of that, then settled him into the sling and picked up my knitting. I was about to ask Alison to take a pic for me...then someone asked me a question and a conversation started just as my hands got into picking up stitches...before I knew it I was dividing for the heel flap and had not taken a pic. So, gentle and understanding reader...I ask that you use your imagination to see what that might have looked like.
Then Deb finished her second "Monica" and we all applauded, then followed with tradition and Steph placed the garment on her head

(Steph, you're featuring quite prominently on my blog today...)
Towards the end of the evening it was decided that Gabriel needed to hold knitting needles for the first time. I cannot give them to him, it has to be done by another knitter, if he is to become a knitter himself. There is folklore involved.
Here are Alison and Steph setting him up with Steph's sock and needles

Good mojo, it's a pretty sock he's holding.
Him being on the floor meant that fairly quickly he had a group around him;

Yup, Gabriel is quickly developing a following. I do hope it does not go to his head...
It was an awesome knit night, so much going on, so much conversation, all of us laughing and talking and knitting. We missed those who were unable to attend...but can you just imagine if we all showed up! Wonderful!!
4 comments:
I would like to formally apologize to the rest of KOL for hogging Gabriel last night. While it wasn't my intention to muckle onto him like that, my ovaries wouldn't let me give him up.
That sock has some seriously good mojo - that yarn came from The Ninja's Germany stash where it was plucked and given to me as "Therapy" yarn.
Great night, all!
And Steph, allow me to speak for the rest of the group and say that it was great fun watching your hormones rage last night.
Ya know, Steph and I do look rather similar. Weird.
I think the BYOC is a brilliant idea.
BTW, I just sent this blog entry to Ms. Harlot.
Lesley, you may commence pants-pissing in 3..2..1
D.
Post a Comment