Sunday, May 27, 2007

Does this count as Hali-Famous??

Gabriel and I are in today's (Sunday) issue of the Daily News. It's an article about babywearing, and the photograph is shows Gabriel cozy in the Moby Wrap and me kissing the top of his head and Grace playing in the background (ok, she's holding a puzzle and looking at the tv...it counts as playing ok?). Not a great pic of me, but hey, if it can bring the traditional carriers and the babywearing philosophy to the attention of mainstream parents I'm happy. Wraps, slings, mei tais and other soft pack carriers are so much better for your back, so much easier to adjust from person to person and generally a heck of a lot easier to use than mainstream baby carriers like Snugli. I have a Snugli, I wore it once and ended up with shooting pain from my neck straight down to my ankle for 3 very long days. Big thanks go out again to the mommies I met through Halifax Playgroup for teaching me about the better way to carry your baby.

Big thanks to Alison who found me a link to the article. You can see/read it here.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Look at you! You're Halifamous! It totally counts.

Jess said...

COngrats! And for the record, I got to read the article online without a subscription. I just googled your name and clicked on the link.