Late last night I put the finishing touches on Grace's wooly pants:

Yeah, the pics not great...digital camera is still broken so I used the cell phone. And Grace doesn't look all that impressed either...I interrupted her block-chewing session to take the pic.
My only issue with these pants is I made the i-cord drawstring too bloody short. I can tie it...just not in a cutie little bow. I am debating what to do next...do I knit another i-cord (which I freakin hate doing, which is why I probably stopped short with this one) or do I just pick up a cute length of ribbon to thread in there? An i-cord would probably hold up better, but I really really really hate knitting i-cord, it's tedious and never seems to end. Any thoughts?
Well, I'm off to the Read to Me Jamboree down at the Alderney Gate library. I know, you are very jealous of my jet-set lifestyle.
3 comments:
Hmm. Could you pick up the end stitches on each end of the i-cord in a contrasting colour and just lengthen each end?
Cute, cozy pants!
What Moe said. Might be worth trying. Also, did you ever use one of those things that we used to make out of a thread spool and four nails in the top? They make decent i-cord, and I found it less tedious than knitted i-cord.
Grosgrain ribbon might work too - you could sew some D-rings on it and make it a little belt that she could wear with other pants.
(my word verification is peeeaf - I think the computer has to pee - or it's telling me to pee off)
Post a Comment