So, you are aware of the bunny hat fiasco, after which I cast on for the daisy hat in my new book. At first I did not have much faith, my pride having been shattered by the bunny hat, but look! Look how cute:

(yeah, camera on my phone again. Can't wait until Kodak fixes my digcam, quality's not great so you'll have to believe me that the hat is freakin adorable)
And here:

And this is a crappy picture of the embroidery detail. I am quite proud of this, since it's the first time I've ever had it work out how I wanted it too:

Yup, cute hat on a cute kid. Who could ask for more?
BUT WAIT! There's more to come: Next up on my knitter list is a pair of mitts to match.
Knit details:
Pattern: "Daisy Hat" from "Knitting for Babies". Yarn: The ebay stuff that is referred to as "ghetto malabrigo" by some in the KOL set, in a shade of green I can't remember the name of and Ocean (?). The daisy top is some white cotton I had in my inherited stash, I may knit it over in something else as I am not crazy about how it's laying.
Before I forget; a great big THANK YOU goes out to whoever it was at KOL who suggested the Aveeno with menthol for my hands. I was chatting with a few of you about my sore itchy hands, and one of you suggested this cream and I love it. For the first time in I have no idea how long I woke up without uncomfortable itchy hands, have been able to fall asleep without being in tears because it's bothering me so much. Last night I was even able to forgo wrapping my hand to prevent me from scratching. Thanks so much, and if it was you please let me know so I can thank you properly.
*I had initially been looking for a pattern for a monkey hat. I had seen a woman with her babe in a carrier and the little one was wearing this brown hat with monkey ears sticking out of the side. It was fitted to her wee head, and tied (?) under her chin. I asked where she got the hat, she said a friend had knit it for her. If anyone knows of this pattern, please please please let me know as I am still searching for it. Thanks
3 comments:
Very cute. You should make one with lots of little flowers as well.
Wow - you did an amazing job - I am still a little frightened of embroidery.
I LOVE that hat - the cuteness is overwhelming...
I don't know about monkeys, but here are my two all time favorite baby hats:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=56198.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47371.msg432329
nice embroidery!!!
Post a Comment