
(Product info here)
This is something we need? Are knitters really out there knitting away in the dark praying that someone, somewhere, would invent needles that light up so they would stop making horrific errors?? Here's a tip in-the-dark-knitters: Turn on a light! How are you reading your pattern? You need to think these things through! And products like this only encourage people to do things like knit in the dark. I'm curious as to how long they'll be on the market...but maybe it'll be like McDonald's Filet 'o Fish...just enough people will buy them to keep them on the menu.
Knitting progress:
Sad.
I am almost done one leg of Grace's new wooly pants. At the rate I am going she'll be grown out of them before they are done. I am also working on an order of dishclothes for my pal Melissa. She asked for 6. At first I'm all "6? Sure, no problem." But I forgot how utterly freakin dull knitting dishclothes can be. Even with a whole book of dishcloth patterns and my Stitchonary to spice things up...knitting dishclothes is still as dull as, well, dishwater.
I'd show you pics, but my relatively new (only 2 months!) Kodak Easyshare is on strike apparently. In 2 minutes the tech support office will be open and hopefully I'll have it up and running soon.
ETA: Ok, you people who are knitting in dim light, knock it off before you go blind. Besides, in order for these things to be bright enough to really knit in the dark...those tips would probably be too bright for you to actually look at them. Car knitting...ok I can kind of get that. As for knitting at the movies, as a couple of people suggested to me...maybe I'm not obsessive enough, but I want to eat popcorn and chocolate almonds and watch the movie. They are overpriced, they get my full attention.
5 comments:
The only reason I can see for having lighted knitting needles would be for parents who go to movies with their kids and would rather knit that pay attention to the film. Beyond that, I'm at a loss for their use. They do seem cool though! Not sure if the cool factor is enough for me to bother with them.
How about knitting on car trips when it gets too dark?
I don't imagine it would be good for your eyes though.
I'm with Moe. I had to stop knitting about 100 miles out of Wilmington on the way back from Virginia, because it got too dark in the car and the highway had no streetlights. Needles that light up in the dark would have been great for that. Or a one of those headlamps that you get for caving, although I would have to be careful not to look at DH and blind him while he was trying to drive!
I know! I saw them in Michael's yesterday!
I could never knit with them. I'm so hideously farsighted that I need all the light I can get. If I knit in the dark with those, I know I'd end up knitting my hair into whatever it was I was making.
I have these!!!!!!! the lights are just the right brightness and though it might enduse seizures in other passengers, i intend on using them on the train home for xmas. also, would make an interesting seductive dance of the seven knit veils or something...too sweet valley high still? ps i wouldnt have bought them if i didnt have a 50% off coupon
Post a Comment