Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stowaway!

Last night at KOL, a little knitted monster by the name of Henry was making rounds on people's laps. When it was my turn, he hopped into the Purse:

I knit round after round...and Henry snuggled in deeper...

I'm pretty sure he must have fallen asleep because he stopped wiggling about.
The night wore on, and in groups and on their own, knitters started calling it a night...including Steph. Shortly after...Henry woke:

"Ma?"
Rushes to the door to look out:

*gasp!*

"I'm...I'm....FORGOTTEN!!!!!" (sniffles a little)
I scooped him up and assured him that Steph didn't mean to forget him...and maybe next time he shouldn't fall asleep in other people's knitting projects. Not to worry, Henry (I said), you can come stay with me and we'll see if Steph is working the yarn shop on Saturday and try to take you back then, and if that doesn't work then he'll get home for sure next Tuesday. In the meantime...think of it as a vacation!(Henry looked a little doubtful at this, but agreed to hop into my knitting bag and come to my place anyway).
He had a little snack, watched the latest Big Brother All Stars episode. I then tucked him on the couch (reassured him that the giant Winnie the Pooh was made of cardboard and would not eat him). He sighed heavily, and snuggled down with the TV remote:

No worries Steph, he's safe and sound and so far behaving himself. Tell Mauve not to worry, he'll be back soon. Right now he's hanging out on the couch, watching morning cartoons.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh thank goodness. I can't believe that I forgot about him. I was worried sick that someone might have kidnapped him. At least the "kidnapping" at your place will mean sleeping children and not ransom notes. And he LOVES morning cartoons. Just don't let him have anything with red food colouring in it - it makes him hyper.

I don't know how I'm going to make this up to him. He's never going to let me live it down.

Alison said...

So, behaving himself.....so far. Hmm. Wonder how much trouble Henry could get up to if he, Cameron and Grace put their minds together.

Anonymous said...

Alison, I too am looking forward to the hijinks.

Megan said...

That picture of Henry at the door looking for his Mama just tears my heart out. Here's hoping he survives his week with....children!