Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Buskers the other day

I have no FO's to show sadly. I've made no progress on Janet's bag (sorry girl. I need a deadline for it, one that will creep up on me and force me to knit like a lunatic. Perhaps your b-day?), and I've made two attempts to knit Grace a pair of socks out of the leftovers from my pink, but I was tired both times and could not bend the yarn to my will. I will try again when I am not so tired.
Meanwhile, please be amused by our recent trip to the Buskers. We go every year, and always get a handy-dandy program so we can organize our Busker viewing and not be all will-nilly about it. Willy-nilly Busker-watching usually means you only catch bits and pieces of the acts.
First stop is ChalkMaster Dave. It never ceases to amaze me how talented this guy is:

When I know he is in town, it makes me very sad when it rains, since I know his masterpieces will be washed away. However, I also know that when we go down tomorrow, there will be something new to see.
We caught the tail end of Dubbike, very funny little man with a bicycle and a number of stunts on said bicycle, then we saw a magician by the name of Patrick Drake. He is very good, and I must apologize to him for the distraction of my daughter dancing around to the music he was playing. She was having lots of fun, but I'm sure it's hard to perform when you are being upstaged by a toddler.
Then Grace and I took off to get good seats at the next show, and ran into this guy:

Yup, Silver Elvis. And Grace loved him, she laughed and clapped and tried to get out of the stroller to go see him. My child has interesting tastes.
So I dragged her away from Silver Elvis and parked us in front of Squid. I love Squid. They put on an amazing show, if you see no other Busker this year, you've got to check out Squid. Unfortunately it was getting dark, so my Squid pics did not turn out well.
BUT, you've got to see this:

My daughter, the flirt. She made friends with Mr Blueshirt here, and then decided to make friends with the guy sitting next to us:

She tried to trade her juice cup for his bottle of pop, climbed onto his lap and even shared her Pooh bear with him. At one point she offered him a kiss, but he didn't realize (thankfully!) that when Grace leans in with her mouth open and her chin jutting out it means she wants a kiss.
I'm going to have to lock her away by 12, aren't I? Sigh.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Patrick Drake does library shows sometimes. I haven't managed to see him though. Keep your eye out during March Break and the summer, you might get a chance to see him again!

Tell Grace to keep flirting, the guy sitting next to you looked quite cute!

Anonymous said...

What a little monkey...she must provide endless entertainment!

Megan said...

Cute Grace! She has good taste in men though.

I've never heard of Squid but I think I'd like them.